Hacking Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

fallinroxas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I put a clean rom on the root of my sd card. It played fine. I copied it over to another folder using the firmware feature. It won't let me load or start a new game. Anyone else encounter this problem?

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used AKAIO's trimmer so it might not trim right. TinyTrimmer is really good and it is what I use for everything I put on my microSD card.

fallinroxas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After much testing can I finally say this; The AKAIO trimming feature did break the game and the Japanese save does work with the English game.

JohanX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you select "Return to Title" from the game's menu, you get a black screen.

i tried holding down A when loading the game, but I still get the red LOADING text and the problem still occurs.

other than that, the game appears to run OK. Soft reset works.

This is with AKAIO 1.5

Okami Wolfen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JohanX said:
When you select "Return to Title" from the game's menu, you get a black screen.

i tried holding down A when loading the game, but I still get the red LOADING text and the problem still occurs.

other than that, the game appears to run OK. Soft reset works.

This is with AKAIO 1.5
I think you're supposed to hold down X to disable DMA mode.

TheDude879

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having the same issues. The game runs fine, though when you select 'Return to Title Screen' it freezes. Have tried holding 'X' and it does nothing, still get the red loading screen as well. Am using AKAIO 1.5 with the latest loaders (9/25/09).

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The built in AKAIO trimmer for sure does not work with this game.

I just loaded it up yesterday. Clean rom, put on root of SD, copy to /DS with trim on, and you get white screens. Cut into /DS and the game works fine.

It's not a big deal really, trimmed size it like 247 so you only save like 9MB. I've never had a problem with the trimmer before though, I wonder if it's because of the 256GB size of this rom.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Another World said:
the copy function is pure garbage, it can corrupt a file easily. its a nice feature but has issues due to the library its coded from (from what i recall).

-another world

Even save slot copy is dangerous?

dmentd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe this is a n00b question but........What is the point of copying a rom to another folder from the root? Why not just make a folder on your SD card called DS.ROMS or whatever you want to name it, and just put the roms in that folder?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dmentd said:
Maybe this is a n00b question but........What is the point of copying a rom to another folder from the root? Why not just make a folder on your SD card called DS.ROMS or whatever you want to name it, and just put the roms in that folder?

Some people like to Trim there roms while copying....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gt2ToRSjQA