Kinda ashamed to be asking this but...

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by mario-lucis-caelum, Jan 4, 2017.

1. mario-lucis-caelum
    OP

mario-lucis-caelum GBAtemp Fan

Dec 12, 2016
    i just got done a9lh'ing my 3ds so i downloaded majora's mask cia (yes i did it sorry) to test if the cfw works so now i have the game fully installed and working but there's just one problem, how do i update the it? i'm assuming updating it by normal means would not work?

2. Akira

Akira I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!

Apr 28, 2013
    no, you can update it normally, as long as you downloaded the same region, you can download it in the home screen.

mario-lucis-caelum and DarkRioru like this.
  3. koffieleut

koffieleut GBAtemp Fan

Jan 22, 2009
    Netherlands
    probably at home
    It depends if you have the legit version installed. The legit version can be updated on the home menu if the region is the same as your console.

mario-lucis-caelum likes this.
  4. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    You don't even need a legit version. You just need the one of the same region.

mario-lucis-caelum likes this.
  5. mario-lucis-caelum
    OP

mario-lucis-caelum GBAtemp Fan

Dec 12, 2016
    Wow didnt know it was that easy thanks guys now I can unlock the full potential of my 3ds

Yeah and it did update lol

6. koffieleut

koffieleut GBAtemp Fan

Jan 22, 2009
    Netherlands
    probably at home
    That's not true, on a lot of games it just fails like Sonic and allstar racing.

The only succes I had were on legit games.

7. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    It will fail if you use dumps from that iso site but if you use something like freeshop it never fails.

8. koffieleut

koffieleut GBAtemp Fan

Jan 22, 2009
    Netherlands
    probably at home
    I know about the freeshop thingy :P
    But I thought he meant the games from that site ;)

9. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    As long as its installed on your 3DS, I think the freeshop can see it and update it for you.

10. Giodude

Giodude GBAtemp's official rock

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Think of having a cfw with a9lh as a regular 3ds with extra features. There is nothing you cant do on a cfw that you can do on a retail 3ds. Updating, downloading games, making purchases, even playing pirated/ legit games online.

11. Fil o_O

Fil o_O GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2014
    Gambia, The
    1. You can download any update directly from the eShop (and I mean by entering and downloading, it's always free) - it the update did work or not can simply be checked by hovering over the game icon. If you downloaded an update for a game and the game in question still nags about updates, well then the update doesn't work, obviously.

2. If you install an update from unofficial sources, say version 1.1, and try to update the game to version 1.3 through eShop, it will not work, it has something to do with tickets. In which case you can use FBI to remove the unofficial update data along with the ticket and get the latest update data from eShop.

3. Out of region games can only be updated using unofficial methods, because you cannot get a valid (update)ticket from Nintendo for a game that's not supposed to run on your regionlocked console.

4. If you like the game, support the game and buy it.