Killzone 2

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by DaWiis, Feb 11, 2009.

Feb 11, 2009

Killzone 2 by DaWiis at 2:43 PM (1,171 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. DaWiis
    OP

Newcomer DaWiis Advanced Member

Norway
    This baby just arrived [​IMG]
    I'll post a preview later. I'm at work now.

If you guys have any questions feel free to ask, I'll do what I can to find out when I get home and have time to play [​IMG]

Update [added the preview to the first post]:

I played through the first level yesterday, and I'm glad to say that it impressed me a lot more than the Demo. The game does not require any install which was a huge surprise. And the story part that starts the game is amazing and makes the start of the game (Demo part) much more interesting. The story Graphics are insanely amazing, and the in game graphics aren't far behind.

Controls are like they where in the demo, rubbish. But using alternative 2 with hold to zoom and increased sensitivity makes the controls way better. Music is epic and enemy animation is one the the best character animation I have seen to date. First mission lets you drive a tank which was cool, and the tank controls where tight and satisfying. And there will be more vehicle missions later.

Having given it all that praise I feel I have to say that the game has it faults. It does not break any new ground, the controls could be better (I hope there is a patch). And the missions are so generic that it hurts some time. In one part of the mission you man a turret and have to gun down enemies, only to find out that there's an infinite enemies spawn nearby. :| After realizing the spawn pattern I moved forward and then the enemies stop spawning. Having just one primary weapon is a drag, and the weapons aren't as cool as the weapons in Killzone 1. I do miss that alternative fire form that game.

Bottom line. The game is great. It deserves the praise it's getting. It doesn't do anything new, but for the most part does everything it does better than the rest. The missions so far isn't all that. But I hope the later missions will be better.

I'm off to play some more now smile.gif Just ask any questions. If any one else has the game early I would love to play some MP.

2. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    So, how is the game? Any good. How are the controls? Is it a *good* game? Are there any difficulty settings etc? And that's it for now [​IMG] I'm thinking of getting this.

3. JesseAs

Newcomer JesseAs Advanced Member

Netherlands
    The game is great, controles are nice if you ask me ( i use alternative 2(same as CoD)) and there are 4 difficults, the last 1 is unlocked after completing the story mode at any difficult

4. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    How comes you got it so early? Its not supposed to come out until the 27th where I am.

5. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    same here
    doesnt come out till feb.27th

to the op
    retail or demo?
    if retail, how did you obtain it so early?

6. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    I got a preorder on this one. it looks AWESOME, its the first time I get as excited for a PS3. Well, at least it was a long time since I have.

7. DaWiis
    OP

Newcomer DaWiis Advanced Member

Norway
    I got a promo copy (review copy)

I updated the first post with the preview [​IMG]

8. Omgwtfisthat

Member Omgwtfisthat GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Promo copy can't play online though D:

9. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    But considering he got the game so early (2 weeks) he is probably going to shell out for a retail version.