Gaming [Kid Icarus Uprising] Your favorite(s) weapon(s)

Your favorites weapon class ?

• Blades

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • Staves

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Claws

Votes: 21 36.8%
  • Bows

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Palms

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Clubs

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Cannons

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Orbitars

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Arms

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Artillery claws, good speed and with a range of 50~ for the forward dash shot? thats amazing.
Eh, I've seen blades that do better and have good speed.
ah ah ah, you forgot BEAM CLAWS. LOL
But indeedn, some blades are good ranged, I especially like the aurum blade (Good range, good speed, fast charge rate) and crusader blade (good range and cancel shot. and melee)

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
I mainly use Blades and Clubs. The Crusader Blade and the Holy Club are my favorites so far, although I fused my Holy Club with something else a while back, so I just use my Skyscaper Club in its place until I get another one.

Cannons are pretty good as well. My least favorite weapon types would probably be Bows and Arms.

Argyle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.argylebox.com
XP
Country
United States
For multiplayer, I was a big fan of a nice high damage Lancer Staff that I had made, then I tried out a Babel Club with +4 petrification on it that I had won in a roulette on a whim and had a hard time playing together mode without it after that. Had fallen in love with its far-flying charge shots and the damage that it did in combination with Energy Charge Lv. 4. Very common to one-shot people right out of the gate.

Only recently have I replaced my Babel Club for Together Mode, and that is with a Magnus Club I got ahold of from solo play that has +4 Dash ch. shot and +3 In-peril autododge. The very short distance that the charge shot travels is a bit of a handicap, but unbuffed it hits for 259 from ~16 yards - double that if you're fully charged from the Energy Charge power. But I've stopped using the Energy Charge since the base damage is well-enough as it is to take care of most opponents, instead opting for Transparency Lv. 4 and Jump Glide to both get me up close to people before they start dodge-spamming at the sight of somebody wielding a club coming at them. These powers also work well as a quick oh-shit button in combination with Brief Invulnerability since you have to be in close proximity to get good use out of the weapon.

All-in-all, I've come in first for Free-For-All 31 times out of 34 ever since making the swap to the Magnus, and average between 9 and 14 kills per match. Highest match score so far with this was 3750ish :P So I've been fusing arsenals upon arsenals of weapons in search of the perfect Magnus club to replace this one. The requirements I'm trying to shoot for in terms of the stats that stick are that it have Dash ch. shot modifier (no less than +3, but am hopeful of making it up to +4) as well as having any amount of Shot range increase. So far after dozens upon dozens of fusions of weapons that have these stats in order to get pairs of things that compatibly combine into a Magnus Club that have any of those mentioned stats on them, I have yet to be successful in having the Shot Range modifier light up when showing what will apply while fusing. So either I've go terrible luck, or I missing a key function of how stats transfer while fusing, or the Magnus club is programmed to not be able to receive a Shot Range modifier. Beginning to think that it might be unable to have Shot Range on it, but I will press on experimenting to attain my perfect little killing machine.

As for solo, clubs are pretty hard to play with on the Land Battle portions of levels (hilariously easy for Air battle - you just hold down continuous fire and all shots are deflected - which is nice because I'm now attempting to beat all levels on difficulty 9, and the air battles are where I die 80% of the time...) so I tend to stick with blades that have a steady damage output or things with strong homing. Currently it's a decent Sonic Cannon that I've been moving out with. Good homing, nice strong charged attacks, and range that isn't laughably low. It got me in trouble the last time I played the Palutena's Temple level on 9 difficulty. Had reached the boss fight without dying and was doing well in the fight, but the homing on it ended up killing Palutena while I was trying to aim at the Chaos Kin so I ended up finishing at 8 :nayps3: :ha:

The jury's still out though, for my preferred Solo play weapon. The entire first playthrough was done with a lancer staff, but I quickly grew tired of it after trying out other weapon types. Still can't find anything that I'm truly happy with.

tlyee61

le dancing Tyranitar~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enjoy using the Optical Blade in Solo, but for Together, I use an Earthmaul Club or Beam Claws. The Earthmaul Club is great for sniping people, as its charge shot hit from far away. A charge dash shot is usually a 2HKO.

Reactions: 1 person

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Even though I've only played up to the 7th chapter, I've had my fair share of game experience now and I've fallen in love with a pair of stealth claws.
I took up the challenge of using them to defeat the 5th chapter boss, and found them to be leagues better than the Twinbellows Cannon I was using prior.
It does lack slightly in ranged distance, but the manoeuvrability and speed it provides is tantamount to my playstyle. Ranged shots seem to strike instantly and do superb damage in dash attacks (particularly to the side), and I can effortlessly switch to melee attacks as necessary.

I'm also quite keen on using the blade or the arrow as I typically play ranged more than anything, however these particular shots do not seem to land instantly, but can travel farther.
The Twinbellows Cannon I used had nice damage output combined with dash attacks, and the explosive range of charged shots was particularly useful in aerial combat but became less helpful on land.

I've also tried using a particular club to clear chapter 4, and I did not particularly care for it. It really dragged down my movement speed and a lack of ranged continuous fire with a very slow charge made it a pain to handle. It certainly deals well in melee damage, very heavily actually! But it's so self-destructive that it doesn't pay off at all. It did however have the interesting perk of reflecting enemy fire, something you just have to do in aerial combat to compensate for the fact you can't even touch most of the enemies.

I haven't had that much experience in using staves, orbitars, palms or arms, they don't seem all that impressive when I try them out from the gear screen. Orbitars seem to focus on shots having more homing ability but compensating for a player's lack of aiming ability with less attack is far than worth it.

It's perfectly clear that these are all very well designed weapons though, where some have clear advantage and disadvantage, the player can play to win or try and challenge themselves.

By the way, I've cleared chapter 1 on 9.0, chapter 3 on 7.0 and chapter 5 on 8.0 already, still haven't been finished once so I'm doing well. Oddly enough one of the treasure hunt goals is getting finished 20 times, lol.

Edit: Here are the stats of my stealth claws
Ranged: 3.5 star
Melee: 3.5 star
Value: 260
Shot Defense +1
Forward-dash ch.shot +1
Back-dash cont. fire +2
Knockback recovery+1

Raw stats are very nice for my current stage in the game, actual perks could stand to be a bit better of course.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though I've only played up to the 7th chapter, I've had my fair share of game experience now and I've fallen in love with a pair of stealth claws.
I took up the challenge of using them to defeat the 5th chapter boss, and found them to be leagues better than the Twinbellows Cannon I was using prior.
It does lack slightly in ranged distance, but the manoeuvrability and speed it provides is tantamount to my playstyle. Ranged shots seem to strike instantly and do superb damage in dash attacks (particularly to the side), and I can effortlessly switch to melee attacks as necessary.

I've fallen in love with a pair of stealth claws.

a pair of stealth claws.

stealth claws.

rage1-291x300.png

Reactions: 2 people

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I've fallen in love with a pair of stealth claws.

a pair of stealth claws.

stealth claws.

rage1-291x300.png
HAHAHAHAAHA. U got yourself a rival now. Do you know what I do when I see someone play with the same weapon as me? I show him how A TRUE CLAW USER PLAYS!

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I am the only one yet to vote that favours orbitars

I have a pair that has six stars on range. And since orbitars focus on charged homing attacks, this means I can deal out massive damage from a good deal away, barely even having to aim. If I land a backwards charged shot properly with this thing, it can be up to 280 damage, thanks to the backwards-dash ch. shot +2 it has.

It has a few other modifiers too, but the only other one of note is the defence -3. This is a problematic stat, but if I dodge well enough everything goes just fine. Plus, it lowers the value to 220.

Seriously, I kick ass in LvD with these. I just finished a match, got 2349 points.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show