Gaming [Kid Icarus Uprising] Your favorite(s) weapon(s)

Your favorites weapon class ?

• Blades

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • Staves

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Claws

Votes: 21 36.8%
  • Bows

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Palms

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Clubs

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Cannons

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Orbitars

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Arms

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters

Fyrus

Artilleur Carmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Man, I REALLY want the Zodiac Blade. Anyone want to give me some sort of hint on which stage it is (I don't want to completely spoil it for myself XD) also is Game the only one who's unlocked the Goddess of light's weapons?(I cant spell her name right) I haven't seen anyone use them online yet.
It's in chapter 23, after you use Hades' Grind rails (or whatever you want to call them...) You can go back on one of these to find the Zodiac chamber

Any zodiac gear to be found on Chapter 7? I have my suspicions.

All Zodiac weapons are found on even chapters, except the one mentionned in the spoiler above.

Reactions: 1 person

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've recently made a pair of Beam Claws that have proven to be simply superb, I believe it was from fusing two royal blades.

Ranged: 4.5 star
Melee: 3 star
Value: 281
Traits: Overall Defense +1, Health +1, Shot Range +1, Standing ch. shot+2, Melee dash attack +1

Pretty nice traits that benefit the already long shot range and survivability in Solo mode. I may try going through Chapter 8 on high intensities a few times to grab some royal blades, and see if I can fuse some truly exceptional beam claws.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made my Samurai Sword.

Ranged: 4 Stars
Melee: 3 Stars

Value: 287

Traits:
Knockback defense +2
Poison +1
Evasion +2
Dash cont. fire +2
In-peril Attack Boost +3

Combined with my powers, I've been mowing through people all day.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Raw power stats look very nice on that, but the traits don't seem TOO useful.

By the by, I can't figure how to get the gold laurel crown on chapter 6. I know I need to open that 9.0 intensity gate on Chapter 7 though, but I seem to be missing something completely on Chapter 6. Is it by any chance, a Zodiac chamber?

Black ace

Trophies
XP
Country
Raw power stats look very nice on that, but the traits don't seem TOO useful.

By the by, I can't figure how to get the gold laurel crown on chapter 6. I know I need to open that 9.0 intensity gate on Chapter 7 though, but I seem to be missing something completely on Chapter 6. Is it by any chance, a Zodiac chamber?
There is a Zodiac chamber in chapter 6 although the way to get it is determined randomly. In 1 of the 4 possible dark pit battles you would be fighting in some underground ruins. After you defeat him a hallway would open up near one of the corners in the room where the Zodiac chamber is located.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
:creep: mmm the +4 running speed is insane with these claws! Too many easy kills online.

img20120415164212.jpg

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My preferred weapon at the moment is a Crystal Bow. Stats:
Value 271
Ranged: 5 stars
Melee: 0 stars :P
Traits:
Knockback defense +3
Shot cancellation +1
Forward-dash ch. shot +2

It's melee sucks and it has kind of low range, but it's shots (even non-charged) deal a lot of damage, and the charged shots are able to cancel out almost anything.

My main problem is that I'm reluctant to fuse weapons because:
-I might need them for Treasure Hunt "kill X with Y" missions
-I WILL need them for the "collect every X" missions (where X is a weapon type)

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, that "kill twinbellows before he roars" challenge is driving me crazy. He roars 2 SECONDS INTO THE BATTLE. EVERYTIME.
Wow that's seriously a challenge? :blink:

Perhaps you have to avoid shooting him in a certain way, etc? Maybe there's a pattern to his roars depending on what you do?

Fyrus

Artilleur Carmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ugh, that "kill twinbellows before he roars" challenge is driving me crazy. He roars 2 SECONDS INTO THE BATTLE. EVERYTIME.

Meteor Shower at Intensity 0 did the trick for me.

By the way, could we stay on the original question, please ?

Not that I don't like to help but it isn't really the point of this thread...

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gallery_125264_224_70076.jpg

I just cleared Chapter 7 on 9.0, it was intense as hell. The 9.0 gate has a floor full of electrified water.
I barely beat the boss and survived Crisis Mode, and got a ton of loot along the way. In particular I got a sweet Thanatos Staff and some Eyetrack Orbitars.
I believe I used the Thanatos Staff and something else to make a Rail Cannon, then I used the Eyetrack Orbitars and Rail Cannon to make Beam Claws with +5 Defense and 301 value, shweeeeet.

By the way, this online utility is very useful in planning weapon fusions.
http://my.cs.utsa.edu/~rcscott/kiufusioncalc.html

And this video is hilarious, plus is how you pull off a certain accomplishment.

Rife

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find Arms more suited to my play style as I stay mid range and like to shoot charge shots, close in then 3 hit melee combo. Sadly I haven't found an arm better than the End-All Arm I'm currently using which is Value 226 (3 solid star Ranged, 2 solid 1 empty star Melee) with Poison +1, Speed +1, Forward dash charge shot +1, and Knockback recovery +1.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I find Arms more suited to my play style as I stay mid range and like to shoot charge shots, close in then 3 hit melee combo. Sadly I haven't found an arm better than the End-All Arm I'm currently using which is Value 226 (3 solid star Ranged, 2 solid 1 empty star Melee) with Poison +1, Speed +1, Forward dash charge shot +1, and Knockback recovery +1.

With that sort of play style, sounds like you may be more suited to using claws.
Give em a try, although they tend to do better with continuous fire rather than charged shots, but they excel at melee.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

With that sort of play style, sounds like you may be more suited to using claws.
Give em a try, although they tend to do better with continuous fire rather than charged shots, but they excel at melee.

Actually it sounds like a fast charging club like the Magnus, would be better for him. Claw users usually focus mainly on getting close enough to melee foes (unless your a beam claw spammer :glare:) and only really use charged shots to slowdown runners, and rapid to deal with cannoneers and bow, blade users. A club would allow him to get in close and bring the beatdown (most 3 hit melee combos are insta kill in multiplayer) unless he likes speed.

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thantanos staff, exelent range and quite powerfull (256)
I used to like the first blade a lot, but it's range was to lacking.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
First blade is a nice enough weapon, but of course it's going to be plain old standard fare for beginners, no actual advantages in the long term like improved range, damage output or status effects.

Try taking a weapon that can inflict fire based damage into chapter 7, such as Twinbellows Cannon or Volcano Arm. Enemies that are weak to fire will go down much faster.

Reactions: 1 person

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've also heard there's an accomplishment of beating the Great Reaper with the Magnus Club.
On 9.0. Using a club with the shortest chargest ranged attack on a boss that necessitates them.

Yikes.

Black ace

Trophies
XP
Country
I've also heard there's an accomplishment of beating the Great Reaper with the Magnus Club.
On 9.0. Using a club with the shortest chargest ranged attack on a boss that necessitates them.

Yikes.
Using Trade-off and Pisces heal helps so much with getting this achievement (and having a high overall defence :P).

I've just completed chapters 1-12 on intensity 9.0 with my ball cannon with overall defence +7! It only has 2 stars for range and nothing for melee but since the shots bounce of the walls I can easily strike enemies weak points or any which are far away.

EDIT:Its Magnus you have to defeat with the Magnus Club.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr