KFC Gaming officially announces the KFConsole

kfc gaming logo.png
No, this is not an out-of-season April Fools' joke (according to the press release at least); KFC is really launching a gaming console in partnership with Cooler Master. Named the KFConsole and designed after the Bargain Bucket, it seems to be somewhat akin to the Steam Machine or a PC gaming tower at the very least.

The KFConsole campaign began on 11 June, went viral on Twitter and even earned a meme-worthy status on social media but apparently this new competitor in the gaming scene will indeed hit the market. Importantly, this machine is touted as featuring the world’s first built in chicken chamber to keep its contents hot, ready for consumption.

kfc 1.jpg

kfc 2.jpg kfc 3.jpg kfc 4.jpg kfc 5.jpg

In addition to the patented Chicken Chamber, the KFConsole packs the following gaming specs and features:
  • Intel Nuc 9 Extreme Compute Element
  • Asus powered GPU
  • 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1TB SSDs (said to have PCIe NVMe speeds that are 6× faster)
  • VR-ready
  • Ray tracing
  • Gameplay at up to 240fps for all games
  • 4K display support with up to 240Hz output

‘We all know the console war is vicious, but we’re very confident in the KFConsole as our flagship entry," said Mark Cheevers, PR & Social Media Lead at KFC UK & Ireland, in the press release. "This machine is capable of running games at top-level specs, all on top of keeping your meal warm for you to enjoy during your gaming experience... what’s not to like? If Sony or Microsoft want any tips on how to engineer a chicken chamber for their efforts next time, they’d be welcome to get in touch.’

Details regarding the cost of the KFConsole and its release window weren't made available as part of this announcement. But when (if?) it launches, would you consider buying this gaming device that doesn't want you to game on an empty stomach?

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox
:arrow: KFConsole Official Page

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Never said marketing will make you buy it.

I have to disagree with you there.

Developing it is a brilliant use for their marketing budget.

How, the console isnt going to make me buy or eat the shit kfc produce.

As someone who works in marketing, you would know that you can have a brilliant marketing strategy but it won't make people buy something they hate.

But your post is saying it's not a brilliant marketing strategy because it isn't going to make you buy it.

KFC is getting some sweet PR from this. That is the main take away ...
Yeah happy pun coincidence there.

The 'console' itself ... well I am calling it mini form factor gaming pc... well I wish it luck.
But I expect it to go nowhere really.

Yeah, I don't see KFC taking Microsoft or Sony out of the market. The fact they are talking as if they could is great bravado that plays along with the ridiculous idea of putting a chicken warmer in a PC. The haters don't understand Irony.

I think they should get Borat to do an advert for it.

Last edited by smf,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
People collectively take 8 pages and still fail to realize what this is?

Stupid.

They have 'Intel NUC compute unit', 'Asus GPU with raytracing', a design where you are transporting mostly air - that isnt cost effective. No software infrastruce/exclusives.

Someone connect the dots for you - this is too painful to watch.

'Intel NUC compute unit' means, Intel design, intel Markup for stupid people (NUCs arent economical). Asus GPU with raytracing means, no Asus, GPU, but either Nvidia or AMD, and they have no deal with the chip manufacturer, but with a reseller? (That prints up circuit boards?) Design thats not economical (they buy intel circuit boards with Intel NUC markup, and Asus circuit boards with GPU vendor reseller markup), they are shipping mostly air (chicken pocket), together with the last two statements means, they arent producing this sh*t in mass quantities.

And much more importantly, they arent producing this sh*t to make money. The whole thing is a f*cking marketing play where Intel, Asus and KFC got together to say - we want 'gamers' money (stupid people who like cheap LEDs at phantasy prises), look - our NUC and Asus products are so powerful, and KFC is 'gaming'.

Here are 100 'consoles' at launch, that we subsidize with our combined marketing budgets, get hype. Create threads in forums like the stupid ants you are - and say NUC, ASUS and KFC a bunch.

Then create release hype, tell some people 'its already sold out' - oh its so in demand, for gaming. Then follow up with f*cking nothing.

Everyone that wants to talk about this is is a victim and a shill.

And frankly, too stupid for this world.

edit: I forgot, that they also namedrop Coolermaster, and use an i9 NUC.

i9 is not economical.

But coordinating the marketing budgets of four companies makes even less sense.

Now it becomes 80% certain they will have 'delivery problems' after the first 100 units sold and 20% this might be a let the consumer pay close to market price for overspeced components, subsidize little to nothing, make the whole selling proposition so stupid, that you only sell 1000 units for the novelty factor.

If you coordinate four companies marketing budgets, their names get lost in the marketing. So it becomes more likely that KFC is contributing most of the budget. Which means, the thing costs even more - and the second scenario becomes more likely.

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: Obveron

SugoiEndeavor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People collectively take 8 pages and still fail to realize what this is?

Stupid.

They have 'Intel NUC compute unit', 'Asus GPU with raytracing', a design where you are transporting mostly air - that isnt cost effective. No software infrastruce/exclusives.

Someone connect the dots for you - this is too painful to watch.

'Intel NUC compute unit' means, Intel design, intel Markup for stupid people (NUCs arent economical). Asus GPU with raytracing means, no Asus, GPU, but either Nvidia or AMD, and they have no deal with the chip manufacturer, but with a reseller? (That prints up circuit boards?) Design thats not economical (they buy intel circuit boards with Intel NUC markup, and Asus circuit boards with GPU vendor reseller markup), they are shipping mostly air (chicken pocket), together with the last two statements means, they arent producing this sh*t in mass quantities.

And much more importantly, they arent producing this sh*t to make money. The whole thing is a f*cking marketing play where Intel, Asus and KFC got together to say - we want 'gamers' money (stupid people who like cheap LEDs at phantasy prises), look - our NUC and Asus products are so powerful, and KFC is 'gaming'.

Here are 100 'consoles' at launch, that we subsidize with our combined marketing budgets, get hype. Create threads in forums like the stupid ants you are - and say NUC, ASUS and KFC a bunch.

Then create release hype, tell some people 'its already sold out' - oh its so in demand, for gaming. Then follow up with f*cking nothing.

Everyone that wants to talk about this is is a victim and a shill.

And frankly, too stupid for this world.

edit: I forgot, that they also namedrop Coolermaster, and use an i9 NUC.

i9 is not economical.

But coordinating the marketing budgets of four companies makes even less sense.

Now it becomes 80% certain they will have 'delivery problems' after the first 100 units sold and 20% this might be a let the consumer pay close to market price for overspeced components, subsidize little to nothing, make the whole selling proposition so stupid, that you only sell 1000 units for the novelty factor.

If you coordinate four companies marketing budgets, their names get lost in the marketing. So it becomes more likely that KFC is contributing most of the budget. Which means, the thing costs even more - and the second scenario becomes more likely.
Cope

Reactions: D34DL1N3R

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
A company releases an i9 NUC powered 'console', with an 'exchangable ASUS "RTX" graphic unit, in a Coolermaster case - whose graphics card "will be upgradable" -

And no one realizes, that

- An intel NUC is not cost effective
- ASUS doesnt create graphic chips and isnt a partner in the videocard space that would be cost effective
- Coolermaster apparantly is there to provide a case and a powersupply, which - if you have to partner with them - isn't cost effective
- The thing has 'empty space' in it - which if you have to ship units 'en mass' isnt cost effective
- Sports a i9 for no reason, which isnt cost effective

And all people manage to talk about is 'how crazy that KFC releases console' and those specs are great. But not -

this is the dumbest marketing ploy ever, where they will sell 100 consoles, then 'run out of supply', or have them priced so outrageously (Intel needs a cut, Asus needs a cut, Nvidia (RTX?) needs a cut, Coolermaster needs a cut, KFC needs a cut), that they will sell 1000 units at most to people who are buying them for the lols.

If you are a PC builder, and you buy Intel i9 NUC, Asus RTX, and Coolermaster - you are doing it wrong (cost/performance is not what you find with intel NUCs and not with Coolermaster cases/powersupplies).

If you are a company trying to prep up a marketing scheme to benefit several suppliers (lets say Intel and Asus), you arent getting Coolermaster into the mix to dilute whatever visibility you have - marketing message wise - with you main suppliers, which always have to be large chip manufacturers. Its ridiculous, that Coolermaster even made it onto the partners list.

So looking at all of this - and even considering, that you throw marketing money at it - this doesnt make sense at scale. Not for intel. Not for ASUS, Coolermaster probably wouldnt care (they are a high margin business), and certainly not for KFC.

So - Coolermaster is building the things, and taking in support requests? Intel is supplying them with i9 NUCs at no discount. ASUS cant give any reasonable discount, because they arent the chip manufacturer. KFC does nothing, but provide some funding from marketing funds.

And everyone looses interest, once KFC runs out of marketing money. The thing will either be overpriced (cost performance will be horrible (considering how many partners are in there, and that you bet on an i9 NUC for no reason), or available in quantities so small - that even talking about it as a 'console' is misrepresentative, of what it is, namely a marketing ploy, to get KFC threads pop up on gaming forums.

Me dont want to cope, if people cant connect those dots. Me want to shout at marketing managers face. And give every gamer talking about this a breakdown of what it is - so they simply ignore it. And dont make wonderful viral marketing, that costs KFC nothing. Because they cant see the warnings signs here - which are skyhigh.

This is a product that SHOUTS, we didnt go for cost/performance, and dont want to sell them 'en mass'. There is no way, KFC would subsidize even the building costs of that thing to Coolermaster, after lets say 10k units. They cant recoup the money. They have nothing to do with gaming. But their marketing wants to address gamers.

There is no way Intel sees this as a prestige project, and undercuts the street value of their (overpriced) NUCs. There is no way ASUS can produce "RTX based graphics cards" at a low enough cost, for this to become a mass market product.

Last edited by notimp,

KeeperCP1

"What, why, where, who?" is my middle name
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A company releases an i9 NUC powered 'console', with an 'exchangable ASUS "RTX" graphic unit, in a Coolermaster case - whose graphics card "will be upgradable" -

- ASUS doesnt create graphic chips and isnt a partner in the videocard space that would be cost effective
- Coolermaster apparantly is there to provide a case and a powersupply, which - if you have to partner with them - isn't cost effective
- The thing has 'empty space' in it - which if you have to ship units 'en mass' isnt cost effective

And all people manage to talk about is 'how crazy that KFC releases console' and those specs are great. But not -

this is the dumbest marketing ploy ever, where they will sell 100 consoles, then 'run out of supply', or have them priced so outrageously (Intel needs a cut, Asus needs a cut, Nvidia (RTX?) needs a cut, Coolermaster needs a cut, KFC needs a cut), that they will sell 1000 units at most to people who are buying them for the lols.

If you are a PC builder, and you buy Intel i9 NUC, Asus RTX, and Coolermaster - you are doing it wrong (cost/performance is not what you find with intel NUCs and not with Coolermaster cases/powersupplies).

If you are a company trying to prep up a marketing scheme to benefit several suppliers (lets say Intel and Asus), you arent getting Coolermaster into the mix to dilute whatever visibility you have - marketing message wise - with you main suppliers, which always have to be large chip manufacturers. Its ridiculous, that Coolermaster even made it onto the partners list.

So looking at all of this - and even considering, that you throw marketing money at it - this doesnt make sense at scale. Not for intel. Not for ASUS, Coolermaster probably wouldnt care (they are a high margin business), and certainly not for KFC.

So - Coolermaster is building the things, and taking in support requests? Intel is supplying them with i9 NUCs at no discount. ASUS cant give any reasonable discount, because they arent the chip manufacturer. KFC does nothing, but provide some funding from marketing funds.

And everyone looses interest, once KFC runs out of marketing money. The thing will either be overpriced (cost performance will be horrible (considering how many partners are in there, and that you bet on an i9 NUC for no reason), or available in quantities so small - that even talking about it as a 'console' is misrepresentative, of what it is, namely a marketing ploy, to get KFC threads pop up on gaming forums.

Me dont want to cope, if people cant connect those dots. Me want to shout at marketing managers face. And give every gamer talking about this a breakdown of what it is - so they simply ignore it. And dont make wonderful viral marketing, that costs KFC nothing. Because they cant see the warnings signs here - which are skyhigh.

This is a product that SHOUTS, we didnt go for cost/performance, and dont want to sell them 'en mass'. There is no way, KFC would subsidize even the building costs of that thing to Coolermaster, after lets say 10k units. They cant recoup the money. They have nothing to do with gaming. But their marketing wants to address gamers.

There is no way Intel sees this as a prestige project, and undercuts the street value of their (overpriced) NUCs. There is no way ASUS can produce "RTX based graphics cards" at a low enough cost, for this to become a mass market product.
Don't forget this console is fake, because nobody is listening to me.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Don't forget this console is fake, because nobody is listening to me.
This console is a marketing ploy, because none of the companies involved benefit in any way if it would become successful.

Intel - still wants to sell NUCs, even to gamers.
ASUS - wants to sell graphiccards without subsidizing them.
Coolermaster - wants you to buy gaming PC components with a higher markup.
KFC - wants you to buy chicken.

All of them make more money selling you their products - which are not gaming consoles. For two of them, if this project takes off, its counterproductive.

Lets say it becomes successful, who makes the business decisions? Intel? Asus? Coolermaster (who likely just bolts the thing together)* KFC? A board with members from all of them?

None of them have a way to get any percentage of the software you buy on this thing.

And yes, I'll drive this argument to the graveyard, because thats where discussion about this product belongs. ;)

Last edited by notimp,

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Why are you so bothered by this?

Reactions: SugoiEndeavor

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Why are you so bothered by this?
Because doing the Nintendo 'lack of supply, when launching a limited thing' spiel - to get media attention has become a blueprint new marketing fad.

That only works with stupid gamers.

So marketing departments start repeating.

And to me this all registers as 'abusing gamers, because gamers dumb'. When this concept gets pitched, thats the target demographic they are aiming for. Dumb, dumb, dumb and stupid.

Depending on if this thing will cost an insane amount of money, or if they are limiting it to 100 units produced, this is inches away of pulling an actual scam. Take stupid marks, promise them something you cant deliver at scale - fix them on for 100 units, then exit.

Hate it. Hate it still being so popular with people that "want to believe" this could be great economically.

Hate, that people dont get the context of 'game sales percentage' is why videogame consoles can be subsidized. They werent in the last generation (not even at the start), they were in this one - but people are too stupid too notice. And as soon as KFC uses the term 'console' they think 300-500 USD.

Go on the web, and post a bunch of 'uh, could this, would this, what if I could get a deal' - not realizing what effing 'viral marketing' sh*t KFC marketing people pull every day.

And then they do the effing viral marketing for KFC. At no cost.

Cant scream "YOU ARE A MARK" as loud as I'd want to.

Btw - intel tried to sell i9 NUCs with GPUs attached last year, do you know at what price? 1800USD+. Amount KFC would be wiling to offset if 10k units were sold - is not even 20US per unit. The more units would be sold, the less would be offset. (BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO WAY TO GET REPEAT RETURNs FROM GAME SALES. SO THEY CANT REALLY SUBSIDIZE THE CONSOLE (at any reasonable quantities). YOU KNOW LIKE SONY AND MS DID.)

Last edited by notimp,

lilalex

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
No, this is not an out-of-season April Fools' joke (according to the press release at least); KFC is really launching a gaming console in partnership with Cooler Master. Named the KFConsole and designed after the Bargain Bucket, it seems to be somewhat akin to the Steam Machine or a PC gaming tower at the very least.

The KFConsole campaign began on 11 June, went viral on Twitter and even earned a meme-worthy status on social media but apparently this new competitor in the gaming scene will indeed hit the market. Importantly, this machine is touted as featuring the world’s first built in chicken chamber to keep its contents hot, ready for consumption.

In addition to the patented Chicken Chamber, the KFConsole packs the following gaming specs and features:
  • Intel Nuc 9 Extreme Compute Element
  • Asus powered GPU
  • 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1TB SSDs (said to have PCIe NVMe speeds that are 6× faster)
  • VR-ready
  • Ray tracing
  • Gameplay at up to 240fps for all games
  • 4K display support with up to 240Hz output

‘We all know the console war is vicious, but we’re very confident in the KFConsole as our flagship entry," said Mark Cheevers, PR & Social Media Lead at KFC UK & Ireland, in the press release. "This machine is capable of running games at top-level specs, all on top of keeping your meal warm for you to enjoy during your gaming experience... what’s not to like? If Sony or Microsoft want any tips on how to engineer a chicken chamber for their efforts next time, they’d be welcome to get in touch.’

Details regarding the cost of the KFConsole and its release window weren't made available as part of this announcement. But when (if?) it launches, would you consider buying this gaming device that doesn't want you to game on an empty stomach?

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox
:arrow: KFConsole Official Page

what games can you play?
let me guess
cooking simulator?
why is kfc making a console kinda stupid
and 240fps ! holy shit goddamn

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I would heat up/cook nearly anything in this other than fried chicken. Something that smells good and isn't half as greasy. Cleaning out your miniPC with soap and water every other day does not sound like my idea of fun.

Of course, the bottom line is that it's just another overpriced pre-built plus an overpriced gimmick, so I'd not truly ever consider buying this. :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Gotta catch em all lol