Hardware Keyboard and Mouse with Xbox One X

3DPiper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My son wants to use a Keyboard and Mouse with his Xbox One X.
He plugged up both via USB and the keyboard seems to work but not the mouse.
How do you use a keyboard and mouse with Xbox One X?

Uiaad

GBAtemp's resident guinea pig
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I believe there is still no current full support of keyboard and mouse on the XBOX but you can use a device like the cronusmax to achieve full compatibility, altho I have to mention from talking to friends the device is a bit of a mixed bag, some people love it and have no problems while others it's a complete nightmare.

3DPiper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arg, that stinks. What happened to 'one core' for all Microsoft devices? If the Xbox One X is really just a computer, it seems like it should be plug and play.
He got the idea from his cousin who has a playstation 4 and plays with a keyboard and mouse instead of a controller.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
If the Xbox One X is really just a computer, it seems like it should be plug and play.
every console is just a computer, but with their own closed systems and branded peripherals..
He got the idea from his cousin who has a playstation 4 and plays with a keyboard and mouse instead of a controller.
last time i checked, it depends of the game (this is true both in the playstation or xbox consoles), the game has to be programed to accept keyboard and mouse inputs... which not every game does sadly..

Uiaad

GBAtemp's resident guinea pig
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You gotta think from a business point of view ... do we allow someone to use a mouse and keyboard to play all of our game oooooorrr we could charge you $70 for a controller and make you play that way

D

Deleted-355425

There are a few devices that let you use keyboard and mouse, Chronusmax, titanone/2 and the best of the lot is a xim. Using a mouse and keyboard doesn't work fluidly like a PC when on the xbox, you need modified config files for each game which most of the providers let you download from their websites. You have dead spots that replicate the controllers center position and you cannot move the mouse too quickly as this will result in not being picked up depending on the game. Its just not plug and play unfortunately.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: