GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does this mean PHOENIX WRIGHT CONFIRMED FOR BRAWL?

OBJECTION! I'd like to ask the Persecution to stop disrupting the court with these baseless claims.
That's prosecution
wink.gif

On topic: I've never owned (or p1rated) a Mega Man game, so I wouldn't really know much about this. But he does have a bunch of weapons, right? He could have a large variety of special moves. Too bad, so sad
frown.gif

Well just as TheStump said, Megaman is essentially Samus and Kirby. He doesn't really have a default arsenal of weapons, he copies them from other enemies just like Kirby. The only difference he can hold more than one ability.

But if Capcom can pull off Megaman in Marvel vs. Capcom WITHOUT his copy ability, then I'm sure Nintendo would be able to too. Then again, as huge of a Megaman fanboy I am (And I'm one huge fanboy), I really don't care much for him in SSBB.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mind if Megaman doesn't make it to brawl, I didn't really want Megaman in it to be honest (no, I'm not a Megaman hater). I just can't really see it fitting in that well. I can be proven wrong from many view points, but I'm just caring about my own view point.

But yeah, just because they haven't been asked yet, does not confirm that Megaman can't make it in brawl. Clone characters were created under pressure and time for melee, so Megaman can be made under pressure and time too (not saying Megaman will be a clone).

lilsago

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
what does megaman has to offer to smash?!, realy...
he only has his "beams" and his dog, nothing else, not
even a sort of physical fighting skills.
they better of without him, he's a waste of time.

Upperleft

Namcoholic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Megaman for BRAWL !!!

oh wait ...

QUOTE said:

then what does Sonic has to offer to smash?!
he only has his "Spins" and his Punches ?

same with other characthers ...

every character have it's own skills

TimeSpaceMage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's a rather ignorant thing to say; Megaman is known for his wide range of abilities.
For example: he's stopped time, created platforms out of thin air, thrown bombs/ninja stars/giant rings/rapid-fire boomerangs, he has a support unit (Rush) for additional mobility...

Anyway, it's been shown that movesets can even be given to characters who have never been seen in hand-to-hand combat before, so of course the star of a platforming series would have no issue on that grounds.

lilsago

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
yes, its true but sonic has the speed and the skills of fighting.
megaman doesn't have those, he is stiff and slow, bad movement and
in other words... he's a broken character, just like ganondorf.

CrvyloOo

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

Trophies
XP
Country
That's what I've always thought. Nothing against Megaman as a character, of course. But in Brawl he'd essentially come off as a blue male child version of Samus (focus on jumping, beam blaster-thingy for a hand, etc). Of course I was still hoping he'd be in it, but if it came down to Sonic or Megaman I'd take Sonic purely for the fact that there's no other character quite like him in the Smash Bros series.

You have played Marvel vs. Capcom right? Arguably one of the great 2D fighters out there.. Mega Man was in that, and I have to contest he would be nothing like Samus asides from the relation with a blaster. Go play that and check it out. I think he would compliment Super Smash Bros. perfect.

As the two most popular third party additions, between the two.. Mega Man and Cloud (Final Fantasy VII), I would have to go with Mega Man, as much as I adore Cloud and think he was one of the most iconic characters to ever grace a videogame - EVER, I think his skill-set would certainly resemble Link's far too much, even with his addition of Materia, etc. (although if Nintendo smartly incorporates the use of Materia, I may have to reconsider).

dg10050

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does this mean PHOENIX WRIGHT CONFIRMED FOR BRAWL?

OBJECTION! I'd like to ask the Prosecution to stop disrupting the court with these baseless claims.
That's prosecution
wink.gif

On topic: I've never owned (or p1rated) a Mega Man game, so I wouldn't really know much about this. But he does have a bunch of weapons, right? He could have a large variety of special moves. Too bad, so sad
frown.gif
Er...I knew that. >_>

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I still don't think he fits in either, but coming up with a moveset for characters isn't as hard as you think.

Megaman has many abilities seeing that he copies many powers from bosses he has defeated in the past. They could use some of these abilities for his specials. Attacks using the A button doesn't require much creativity. It's simply kicks and punches. Just put in some jabs here and there and you get your A button attacks.

Sheik, for example, was hardly even a character before Melee. But Sheik is probably one of the most popular character in Melee now. With Sakurai in charge of Brawl, anything can happen.
tongue.gif

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
That's what I've always thought. Nothing against Megaman as a character, of course. But in Brawl he'd essentially come off as a blue male child version of Samus (focus on jumping, beam blaster-thingy for a hand, etc). Of course I was still hoping he'd be in it, but if it came down to Sonic or Megaman I'd take Sonic purely for the fact that there's no other character quite like him in the Smash Bros series.

You have played Marvel vs. Capcom right? Arguably one of the great 2D fighters out there.. Mega Man was in that, and I have to contest he would be nothing like Samus asides from the relation with a blaster. Go play that and check it out. I think he would compliment Super Smash Bros. perfect.

Aye, well unlike some people I was only using those two things as an example. I'm fully aware Megaman has unique traits all his own as well. When making my comment I was thinking about the direct comparisons: Megaman in Brawl in relation to Samus is the same situation to me as King K. Rool Bowser. When you break them down to their basic points they're both large villainous lizard creatures who are the main antagonists of their respected series. In both cases that's obviously over-simplifying the situation, but it's true nonetheless. However, after the following comment, I've changed my perspective:

That's a rather ignorant thing to say; Megaman is known for his wide range of abilities.
For example: he's stopped time, created platforms out of thin air, thrown bombs/ninja stars/giant rings/rapid-fire boomerangs, he has a support unit (Rush) for additional mobility...

Anyway, it's been shown that movesets can even be given to characters who have never been seen in hand-to-hand combat before, so of course the star of a platforming series would have no issue on that grounds.

While at their core Megaman and Samus are somewhat similar, both coming from side-crolling platformer games with mechanical (to some degree, in different amounts), both with a high focus on leaping/jumping, and both centering on arm cannon-based energy attacks. But after reading the above comment I'm reminded that there's more that makes them different than what makes them similar. I've always expected Megaman to be in the game, and now being reminded of what makes him unique as a character I'm all the more disappointed that he's not.

QUOTE(12345 @ Dec 23 2007, 01:30 PM)
As the two most popular third party additions, between the two.. Mega Man and Cloud (Final Fantasy VII), I would have to go with Mega Man, as much as I adore Cloud and think he was one of the most iconic characters to ever grace a videogame - EVER, I think his skill-set would certainly resemble Link's far too much, even with his addition of Materia, etc. (although if Nintendo smartly incorporates the use of Materia, I may have to reconsider).

I don't believe Cloud will ever be in Brawl. There's one big requirement for being in SSBB, you don't have to be a Nintendo character, but you do have to have been in a game on a Nintendo system. And Final Fantasy VII has yet to be on any Nintendo platform. He was in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories for the GBA, but I find it unlikely (but not impossible) that they'd allow him based on that; especially since he's from the game that killed the relationship between Square and Nintendo for countless years.

Torte

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Dunno if this has been said yet, but Zero would be a great fit for Brawl - he can use his saber as his primary weapon a la Marvel vs Capcom. Personally, I'd like to see a Biometal freak.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol