Hacking Question Keeping a Clean Nand Backup when updating firmware

mattwaddy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so the first thing I did with my new switch, was to boot using the SX OS injector and do a full nand dump of version 4.1, I'm now looking to update official firmware to 6.2 using choidujournx. To do that I'll need to boot into a CFW, but then wonder if I need to do a fresh nand backup at that point for 6.2 or if I'm fully covered with just my 4.1 backup? I'm just wondering if the 6.2 new backup after booting into CFW would potentially be tainted if that makes sense? Thanks for any help, I can see some people have restored really old backups ok and then bypassed fuse checks etc

chippy

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you ever want to go online and have 0 traces you can't boot into ofw from rcm as there's a flag that is triggered and COULD (not confirmed if it is) tracked by Nintendo
So the 6.2 update with choidujournx just keep auto rcm on.
Ever go online restore the 4.1 nand with boot 1/0 And Nintendo shouldn't know you modded your console.

SgtP3pp3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so the first thing I did with my new switch, was to boot using the SX OS injector and do a full nand dump of version 4.1, I'm now looking to update official firmware to 6.2 using choidujournx. To do that I'll need to boot into a CFW, but then wonder if I need to do a fresh nand backup at that point for 6.2 or if I'm fully covered with just my 4.1 backup? I'm just wondering if the 6.2 new backup after booting into CFW would potentially be tainted if that makes sense? Thanks for any help, I can see some people have restored really old backups ok and then bypassed fuse checks etc
Afaik you should keep a backup at the current firmware version if fuses were burnt. You'll be able to restore your 4.1 backup, but you wont be able to boot into it without using an rcm method since the fuse count wont match.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1