Any way to clean a tainted SysNAND?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JohnnyD123
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 2,638
  • Replies Replies 14

JohnnyD123

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Dec 25, 2022
Messages
17
Reaction score
4
Trophies
0
Age
27
XP
127
Country
United States
I accidentally booted into CFW on my SysNAND an hour ago. My Wifi never connected (I had airplane mode on), and I was only booted for about 15 seconds before I realized my mistake. After some reading, I realized that I never made a proper NAND backup, because I used a second hand guide.

My question is: is it possible to clean this tainted NAND so I can go online in Stock OFW without being banned? I remember reading thread that there was some elusive way to do it, but I've forgotten it now. I'm so frustrated right now :unsure:
 
I accidentally booted into CFW on my SysNAND an hour ago. My Wifi never connected (I had airplane mode on), and I was only booted for about 15 seconds before I realized my mistake. After some reading, I realized that I never made a proper NAND backup, because I used a second hand guide.

My question is: is it possible to clean this tainted NAND so I can go online in Stock OFW without being banned? I remember reading thread that there was some elusive way to do it, but I've forgotten it now. I'm so frustrated right now :unsure:
Emunand does not effect sysnand syscfw
 
Emunand does not effect sysnand syscfw
I might be saying something, so I just wanna clarify in a simple way so I'm sure that I didn't screw up my phrasing:

I went to Stock to install a game after I did the partition
That game is not in my install of Atmosphere
I went into the place that looks like Atmosphere, but with the app I installed after the partition

Did I say anything wrong in my first post, or has nothing changed? (I just wanna be extra sure)
 
I might be saying something, so I just wanna clarify in a simple way so I'm sure that I didn't screw up my phrasing:

I went to Stock to install a game after I did the partition
That game is not in my install of Atmosphere
I went into the place that looks like Atmosphere, but with the app I installed after the partition

Did I say anything wrong in my first post, or has nothing changed? (I just wanna be extra sure)
Then your fucked
 
I... err... try not to. I'm reading that using just atmosphere isn't guaranteed to cause a ban? I'm not saying I'm safe or anything, but does it mean that I could be fine or get a delayed ban?
 
I... err... try not to. I'm reading that using just atmosphere isn't guaranteed to cause a ban? I'm not saying I'm safe or anything, but does it mean that I could be fine or get a delayed ban?
The ban will happen
 
I'm a bit confused by your second comment's explanation, but if you don't have any pirated software on your sysNAND you're not going to be banned for going online with it unless you cheat in certain games. People say that nothing is ever safe and while that's true as a general rule, it's been a full ten months since I first went online while running CFW and I'm not banned so..? It's a reasonable assumption that just being on the home screen is fine.
 
Alright, cool. I found a project called Haku that seemed pretty promising, but you need to reset your entire switch to do it. Thanks for your help in me not having to reset my switch (and giving a detailed answer).
 
Booting into SYS CFW won't earn you a ban as long as you don't do anything "nefarious" while booted into it, you should be fine.
 
I mean... the other guy wasn't banned after 10 months, and after reading some forums, it looks like the only people who reported being banned on SysNAND CFW had actually done significant things that would get you banned. Of course, some people could be banned from booting into SysNAND, but it seems silly anyway. The r/SwitchPirates guide says you can't be banned, although Reddit could be wrong.

Idk, it just seems like Nintendo hasn't gone after anyone exclusively for doing this.
 
"Can't" be banned isn't really accurate as it's not a technical impossibility as they know you've tinkered with your console. A better way to judge the situation and decide on what to do is consider

1) Have there been any reported bans for the exact action I did/plan to do?
2) Is this mod/tool I want to use relatively (less than two months) new?
3) If modding/cheating in a game, does that game have an online component that's competitive?
4) Do I have any illegally acquired content on my Switch?

If the answer to all four of those question is no, you'll be fine. Yes to the first means you're probably screwed, yes to the second or third is putting yourself at risk and should be avoided, yes to the fourth means that you need to be incredibly careful with any action you take and imo nullifies any other safety measure, do not ever go online with CFW even in the NAND that doesn't have the booty. You're asking to make a mistake.
 

Site & Scene News