Status
Not open for further replies.

Whooosh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
6 months is too long to wait for a nintendo english translation. You know i read that it only takes them 3-6 weeks to fully translate everything in a pokemon game

The rest is testing. Double checking, familerisation, packing and producing ect.

But if kazo isnt translating game text and he probably isnt i have to wait for Magnius to release a beta of the full translation he's working on.(he wants everything up to ecretek city in english before a release)

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whooosh said:
6 months is too long to wait for a nintendo english translation. You know i read that it only takes them 3-6 weeks to fully translate everything in a pokemon game

The rest is testing. Double checking, familerisation, packing and producing ect.

But if kazo isnt translating game text and he probably isnt i have to wait for Magnius to release a beta of the full translation he's working on.(he wants everything up to ecretek city in english before a release)

The script isn't the same as the GS script. Otherwise, do you really think Nintendo would take 6 months to release the game. No. Face it, he won't be able to do it. Also, lot of aditional content means more text as well. Kazo use thenewpoketext to translate, and for the story, you can't use that, you must have a good knowledge of japanese.

No matter what, for the full story, wait for Nintendo, no one here will do it before 6 months. It takes up to 1 year for groups to translates games.

Whooosh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LINKY I think he's doing a good enough job.

He said in some of the newer posts that he will have all text up to ecretek city done in a few days(this includes all the people in houses and stuff as well as the story)

(I'd link you the page where i read that nintendo takes so long to translate pokemon games not because of all the text but because of all the other stuff but i forget it(someone in some thread gave a link)

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whooosh said:
LINKY I think he's doing a good enough job.

He said in some of the newer posts that he will have all text up to ecretek city done in a few days(this includes all the people in houses and stuff as well as the story)

(I'd link you the page where i read that nintendo takes so long to translate pokemon games not because of all the text but because of all the other stuff but i forget it(someone in some thread gave a link)

I am telling you, the game will be released in USA before he finish it. It doesn't matter what you say, it will be done before he finishes.

SuperLink

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Agreed with Giga-Gaia on this one. If you ask me there's no way a thorough story translation can be done by one person in 6 months, even if he had help. Just look at the history of fan translations, most projects have entire teams and these still go on for years, many are never finished.

You don't need the story to have a good go at the game, some of you will say you can't wait 6 months, but you're going to have to if you want to play the real deal.

These translations are just to ensure that these games are as playable as possible until the official release. As someone who played the original GS in Japanese to completion about 10 years ago, these translations already seem more than good enough.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kazo, you're doing a great job of making this game accessible to English speakers so early, but I'm noticing a lot of basic mistakes and errors in the translation, and even on your website.
Things like "Acutally" and "Dialouge" twice on your website, things like "Recevied" and "nikename" in the latest youtube preview.

Still, appreciate the work!

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In the slowpoke well in Azalea Town would it be possible to change the Rocket Executive's name who you battle (use the original name if needed or Rans) to not be confused with Lance the Dragon Trainer/League Champion.

Many thanks...

Also, just to let you know the blue card given by the girl in the bottom-right corner (2nd floor of the Radio Tower), is used to tune in to the daily question on Buena's channel (using the radio) to get points which can be used to exchange for nifty items. Which you may find out is a new feature in this version (if your new to the pokemon games) as this was only an exclusive in the Crystal version.

I hope this helps with your translation patch
smile.gif

Edit: By the way, I don't know any Japanesse... i just did some research
wink.gif

and the answers for the quiz (to get the radio card) are the same as the original:

Yes, Yes, No, Yes and No

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
LWares said:
In the slowpoke well in Azalea Town would it be possible to change the Rocket Executive's name who you battle (use the original name if needed or Rans) to not be confused with Lance the Dragon Trainer/League Champion.
Completely unnecessary there is a difference between "Rocket Executive Lance" and "Champion Lance"...

QUOTE(LWares @ Sep 18 2009, 06:18 PM) Also, just to let you know the blue card given by the girl in the bottom-right corner (2nd floor of the Radio Tower), is used to tune in to the daily question on Buena's channel (using the radio) to get points which can be used to exchange for nifty items. Which you may find out is a new feature in this version compared to the original.
Wrong. That feature was in Crystal...

And finally, just stick to the default font.

KazoWAR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
Kazo, you're doing a great job of making this game accessible to English speakers so early, but I'm noticing a lot of basic mistakes and errors in the translation, and even on your website.
Things like "Acutally" and "Dialouge" twice on your website, things like "Recevied" and "nikename" in the latest youtube preview.

Still, appreciate the work!

I do not run the site, someone else is, and the the spelling mistakes have ben fixed i nthe game.

neo14085

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
version 4 work with m3s? i'm pretty sure i at the moment have a version made by you and most of it isn't in english (a good few things are though but alot of items were missed, pokegear, trainer card, etc)

Aurenasek

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Kazo, I don't know if you already know that, but it's possible to replace the graphics like Yes/No, Attack Element Icons, even the main logo on main screen. Are you going to replace those with the ones from platinum for next version of patch? Would be a very nice thing to add, as for logos, I saw someone post one in Raqib's translation, maybe you could ask that person if he/she would allow you to use them? Cheers.

KazoWAR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aurenasek said:
Hey Kazo, I don't know if you already know that, but it's possible to replace the graphics like Yes/No, Attack Element Icons, even the main logo on main screen. Are you going to replace those with the ones from platinum for next version of patch? Would be a very nice thing to add, as for logos, I saw someone post one in Raqib's translation, maybe you could ask that person if he/she would allow you to use them? Cheers.

Rykin is doing some graphics for me. He might do some more. we will just have to wait and see.

civ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wait for the version 5

You translate the history complete?, no in the 5th patch, in another version?

Jono1250

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got a merged patch of Kazowar's and Raqib's translation but i need to know if version 4 (or the upcoming version 5) patch would be better than the one i already have??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer