GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hey KazoWAR,

just posting this if anyone hasnt yet but on your v4 patch under the Blue Card, u wanted some one to report what its for...

Its for Buena and Buena's Password Game in the Radio Tower in Goldenrod. The card is to hold points that you earn after answering her questions, after hearing about the time of said quiz on the radio. The points go to getting prizes from her.

Hope that helps!!!

And Great Translations!!! BTW

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When Version 5 of the translation patch is released, do we need a clean rom or can we use an exsiting one?

Anyway, great translation patch so far (have had a few freezes using it during gameplay, nothing a reset can easily fix)
smile.gif

Elium

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I just wanted to say, since i use the V4, my rom freezes more often than with the V3 + Rudolph's (actually my game never froze with this one
yaynds.gif
)...
I thought I made a bad patch but tried more than 5 times on 2 different computers but the result is the same. (maybe should i use Rudolph's patch even if it's include in the translation ? I dunno if this would work...)

I'm using R4 + YSMenu

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but may I ask, Are you translating the full game? like the dialouges aswell?

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AH! DAMN MY FIRST DOUBLE POST!!!

DAMN F**KING FLOOD CONTROL!!! SOMEONE DELETE THIS!!!

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KazoWAR said:
KazoWAR said:
BurlyEd said:
Thank you Kazo for another great release!

Special thanks for leaving the ROM untrimmed this time - now I can use the standard Game ID for cheat files.
And you must have gotten Rudolph's Patch right! All 3 bytes!
I have never lasted over 20 minutes without it and I have been playing your v4 on my EDGE for almost 2 hours.

I have played and enjoyed every Heart Gold release of yours and Raqib12's.
Even the early ones that hung-up every 5 to 20 minutes.

I have a puzzle - this has happened on your v3.5 and 4.0 and Raqib12's v3.5:
Whenever I use HM 1 (CUT) on any of the translations, the HM immediately disappears from the bag - as though it was a TM.
As this happens the same way with both your's and Raqib12's patch I do not think it is your fault, but it presents a serious problem.

Any ideas?

grog.gif
lecture.gif

Edit:
Awshoot, the display just froze with the music continuing...
Are you sure you patched all 3 bytes of Rudolph's Patch?

ROM address: unpatched -> patched
00DEC1D: D1 -> E0
02F5F86: 0C -> 36
02F60DE: 7A -> 7B

grog.gif
lecture.gif

not sure about the cut bug, I used it once and i still have it, and about that patch. I am not sure if i did patch it right, I just downloaded what said to be his patcher, there where 2 exes and a read me file saying do not download roms. i just took a guess and patched it with patch37.exe, not sure what patch36.exe is for. if you can tell me te proper way to use the patcher I will have it ready for version 5.

I just loaded up the rom in a hex editor after it is patched and I got this

00DEC1D: D1 -> D1
02F5F86: 0C -> 37

not sure why, but I just hexedited it to be

hopefully it works right now.

also, I am about to make version 4a that includes a clean path version to be used on M3 Real and CycloDS with their new firmware updates.
I applied the same fixes to v4 with WinHex:
NOW my v4 has all 3 bytes of Rudolph's Patch and I have played for many hours without a freezup on my EDGE.

I hope your future releases allow pre-patching with Rudolph's Patch and are untrimmed.

What is this about a firmware update for CycloDS? I cannot find it.

grog.gif
lecture.gif

edit:
I found it! (I forgot to log in to the EVO forum).
"CycloDS Evolution Firmware v1.56 BETA 1:
* Updated the automatic game protection patcher to support recent releases
such as 4159, 4160, 4162"

I am switching back to my EVO. cya

grog.gif
lecture.gif

Gearhead31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, is it true that the patch is fine and it only crashes depending on the emulator? im using NO$ and it crashes retty often. what's the best one?

ALso when this comes out for US in english will it crash just like this?

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Elium said:
I just wanted to say, since i use the V4, my rom freezes more often than with the V3 + Rudolph's (actually my game never froze with this one
yaynds.gif
)...
I thought I made a bad patch but tried more than 5 times on 2 different computers but the result is the same. (maybe should i use Rudolph's patch even if it's include in the translation ? I dunno if this would work...)

I'm using R4 + YSMenu

I 2nd that. Much more freezing on v4 than on v3. I NEVER encountered a freeze on v3. The only difference between me and Elium is that I'm using an Acekard 2.1 with AKAIO 1.4.1.

FAIL: encountered a black screen while typing this..... need to learn to save more frequently...

Great Patch BTW. Although there is one more possible bug, after a trainer's Pokemon faints the option to ask whether or not you'd like to switch Pokemon or not disappears. It completely skips it. I remember that option back in like v1 but I don't remember anything recently. Correct me if I'm wrong.

~ Jon

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As far as i have experinced with the translation patch is that the crashes are random and may happen at any point during gameplay. (e.g. during battles, NPC/Trainer encounters)

Just make sure you save, after important events during gameplay. (reset, if game freezes/crashes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: I fixed it, just uninstalled SDUSB