ROM Hack Kazo's Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I know you don't want to, and the English version is coming out, but it'd be nice to see some of the dialogue translated. It's a while since I played through the GBC games, so I'm unsure about some of the key events (what I'm meant to do etc). I mean, I could get a guide, but it'd be nice to see even more English. I guess I will eventually settle for the English version since the saves are cross-compatible though, but anyway....

Nexis23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
KazoWAR said:
**There is a limit of 7 characters for trainer names, with this, Leader Lt. Surge and Rocket Boss Giovanni had their names shortened to LtSurge and Giovani.

Should have used spoiler tags ;_;

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Nexis23 said:
KazoWAR said:
**There is a limit of 7 characters for trainer names, with this, Leader Lt. Surge and Rocket Boss Giovanni had their names shortened to LtSurge and Giovani.

How is that a spoiler? Unless you're stupid or never played the originals/knew nothing about the originals, that's not a spoiler as far as I'm aware...

Nexis23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TCJJ said:
Nexis23 said:
KazoWAR said:

How is that a spoiler? Unless you're stupid or never played the originals/knew nothing about the originals, that's not a spoiler as far as I'm aware...

Giovanni never appeared in-game in the originals

TerryJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a tip for people. When Encrypting the ROM for No$GBA, if you use the Encrypter first the ROM will NOT work. The ROM must be Encrypted after using the Patch Kazo provided.

:]

Pokemon Fan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
OK
YOU PUT ODD INCENSE IN THE ITEM FINDER!
YOU PUT ONLY POKEBALL AT THE PLACE OF LURE BALL !
And Cheer ball in berry planter
at least those are what i saw

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OMG double post
Posts merged
OMG triple post
Posts merged
IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAND!!!
Posts merged

What exactly did 3a fix? Did it fix the incorrect Trainer group things (i.e. a Sage showing up as a Lad
laugh.gif
)?
Yup, it's fixed.

And three things:
1. Thanks for working so hard to put this out so quickly!
2. You should link to your website on the first post.
3. Liking the new patcher! It patches my previously Kazo-patched HG
yay.gif
!

deka01

Trophies
XP
Country
does this have the patch to make it work on the m3ds real normal or sakura? like Raqib12 has

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty sure you can patch a Raqib12 patched rom with this to have the same fix. I patched my previously translated rom, There's changes, the rom still works, and I still have the fix from that translation.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Nexis23 said:
TCJJ said:
Nexis23 said:
KazoWAR said:

Giovanni never appeared in-game in the originals

Yes he did...

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Nope. He doesn't actually appear in the original Gold, Silver, or Crystal.
lecture.gif

BTW... I noticed something odd. With the rival battle after the second gym, his title is translated as "Young Couple".
huh.gif

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Most people already know the storyline, so translators will get to that last.

And once the game comes out in the US (Spring '10) all the translation projects will be cancelled.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Haruhi said:
Nope. He doesn't actually appear in the original Gold, Silver, or Crystal.
lecture.gif

BTW... I noticed something odd. With the rival battle after the second gym, his title is translated as "Young Couple".
huh.gif

I must be confused with the original 3 games then (and Fire Red and Leaf Green). Although I did think he made an appearance, then promptly buggered off in.. I can't remember the name of the town, but the one with the lake, second-to-last place I believe, where you have to go through the part with the two passwords. But never mind.

By the way, can we please have that Dark Manuscript thing translated? I have no clue what it's rambling on about. Something about Unown. Which yea... random words doesn't help. So if at least that was translated, it'd work fine. But I like this translation best. For one, it doesn't replace the 'by Gamefreaks' part on the titlescreen with 'hacked by ...', which an annoyance the other translation has.

iamn00b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ill try again tomorrow. but this time, it wo0uld say saving for almost 20 mins. so i shut it off.

wuld storyline be good?

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way mines would save was if I used the ARM7 patch... On M3 Sakura. Don't want to go back to the regular M3 firmware just for saving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto