Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chalaka

Chalaka Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Not sure if it was already asked, but when patching, there is a file that says "English names" and one that says "Katakana names". I was jsut wondering if I ahd to patch the game in both folders, or do I just do one of them?

2. YayMii

YayMii hi

Canada
    @Chalaka:
    You patch with "English Names" if you want English Pokémon names (ex. Pikachu will be PIKACHU)
    Patch with "Katakana Names" if you want Japanese Pokémon names (ex. Pikachu will be ピカチュウ)

3. kaizen

kaizen Advanced Member
    Newcomer

hahaha most of the pokemon translator stopped hehehe

4. KazoWAR

OP KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Yes, I quit when I had like 90%+ of the menus in the game translated. It is a waste of time to do a full translation of a game when nintendo is doing the same thing. Once the U rom is released. Everyone will drop their patched J roms for the U one, Its a fact. Why waste hours and hours a day, translating thousands apon thousands lines of text, when in a few months no one will be using it? I use my patched rom on a daily bases. I have no problem playing the game. I know what attacks are what, what items are what, and what they do. I can see what items I am buying and for how much, I can see what my pokemon stats are, I can see their natures, where they where captured or hatched, etc. the game is playable in its current patched state.

5. WataruKun

WataruKun Rom translator.
    Banned

United States
    Kazo's right, it really is pointless. Especially when you have so many trolls and flamers disrespecting the hackers.

6. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld

United States
    Actually, when the U version comes out I'm gonna crack open your patch Kazo and get the Logo out of it and then make a patch for my U version and patch it with that so I have the way cooler logo rather than the English one. Oh and by the way, thanks for a great patch and all of your work, both of you.

7. zeromac

zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

This is just my opinion but i think translating games that definatly have a english release is kinda pointless, no matter how many people want it

8. GreatZimkogway

GreatZimkogway Still a Touhou Fanatic

United States
    Exactly. It's a waste of time, resources, and life. It's getting a REAL english release anyway. Not to mention some of the translators really know how to get majorly butthurt.

9. Acenima

Acenima GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    just to let you know thats not kazo's logo. its someone else who gave kazo permission to use it

10. kaizen

kaizen Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I don't mean it badly, but thinking about it make me laugh hahahahaha I never downloaded any patch, just waiting for the U version hahaha... I hope you just translate games that won't have U version.. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Retal

Retal GBAtemp Advanced Fan

[​IMG]

12. Raika

Raika uguu

[​IMG]
    I see the similarity.

13. GreatZimkogway

United States
    I roflmao'd. Nice use my own image, Retal.

14. bahamut920

bahamut920 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    KazoWAR, is the download link to the patch in the first post of this thread the most recent patch? I'm asking because I'm maintaining a Translation Index and would like to know if the patch link I put in the index is the most recent patch. If not, could you provide me with a link to the most recent patch?

I'm updating the status of your project to "discontinued" as I type this.

15. WataruKun

Banned

United States
    Shut up. When you've translated something for literally DAYS and then you get nothing but trolls and flamers in your thread, then you can talk. So just shut it smartass.

Besides, most of the so-called translators aren't even translators. Which is why you don't see them "translating" anything but HGSS.

16. bahamut920

bahamut920 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Okay, gentlemen. Let's calm down now, and not have this... discussion get another thread closed.

17. GreatZimkogway

United States

18. WataruKun

Banned

United States
    So you back up your ignorance and disrespectful comments towards translators with... an idiotic picture? Haha. Seriously get out of here man. By the way, your idiotic pictures are not, nor will they ever be funny.

So how about you just learn to have some damned respect for the people around here who are actually doing something other than sitting on their asses and disrespecting people. Yes, I'm talking about you. Go ahead and report me, but just know that the mods will probably delete your idiotic post too.

19. Septher

Septher Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Will you give it a rest, Wataru? You don't have to go around bawwwing like a little bitch every time somebody posts something you disagree with. Recently, your posts have created a sense of hostility between users that do a good job at running every decent thread into the ground, and really, it's mostly your fault. Just because someone doesn't appreciate translations as much as you'd like them to does not make them idiotic or disrespectful. NO OPINIONS ALLOWED ON GBATEMP.

I understand that my replying alone isn't contributing toward the betterment of this thread. You've already called a poor, innocent GBAtemper ignorant, idiotic, and disrespectful for posting an image of some anime dude smiling. Nothing else can be done now. I'm too late.

20. GreatZimkogway

United States
    In keeping with my own reputation(do I even have one?), and to try and keep the peace, I already sent him a PM. Further more, I ain't innocent, but that's not to say he's not being a bit moronic as well. Please don't butt into other peoples business, though it is derailing the topic. While you are right that he does act like that, you saying so is only going to provoke him more. But I am literally poor...so...that part isn't wrong XD

Honestly, I think he should just leave GBATemp. I mean, just look at his signature. He obviously doesn't like it here, nor does he realize that the staff isn't going to bend over backwards for him because he's too sensetive about something.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Translation, SoulSilver, HeartGold

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.