Hacking Just upgraded my Wii from 3.2J to 3.2U

pangster79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got a JAP Wii when I was in Hong Kong in February this year - it was chipped (not sure which chip) but it worked well and for the price I got it at you couldn't really complain! lol!.. the one thing that bugged me though was the fact that I couldn't read Japanese! so after browsing this forum, I eventually found a solution and installed the Homebrew Channel and then used AnyRegion Changer v1.1 - which worked great!!
smile.gif
I also

Everything is in English now and I can read all the menu's for the first time! lol!.. my question is that should I have WiiConnect24 enabled or disabled? - it's currently set to disabled but obviously things like the news channel and weather channel require this to be enabled.. just curious!
smile.gif

elvis24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I understand it it makes no odd if its on or not as long as your firmware is not 3.4, although 3.4 does not auto download updates(i am pretty sure) but it does give big N the oppurtunity to in future.

pangster79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
elvis24 said:
As I understand it it makes no odd if its on or not as long as your firmware is not 3.4, although 3.4 does not auto download updates(i am pretty sure) but it does give big N the oppurtunity to in future.

LOL! - fair enough.. thanks for that!.. I'm quite happy on 3.2U and can't see any reason to upgrade yet?..

Posts merged

QUOTE(uzirider @ Dec 21 2008, 08:16 PM) How did you change the region without bricking the console?

followed this guide:

[url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1583585]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1583585[/url]

ph34r.gif

EDIT: another pleasant surprise seems to be that Super Mario Galaxy now works! LOL!! - it's never worked since I've had my Wii..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(