Just upgraded my Wii from 3.2J to 3.2U

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by pangster79, Dec 21, 2008.

Dec 21, 2008
  1. pangster79
    OP

Newcomer pangster79 Newbie

United Kingdom
    I got a JAP Wii when I was in Hong Kong in February this year - it was chipped (not sure which chip) but it worked well and for the price I got it at you couldn't really complain! lol!.. the one thing that bugged me though was the fact that I couldn't read Japanese! so after browsing this forum, I eventually found a solution and installed the Homebrew Channel and then used AnyRegion Changer v1.1 - which worked great!! [​IMG] I also

Everything is in English now and I can read all the menu's for the first time! lol!.. my question is that should I have WiiConnect24 enabled or disabled? - it's currently set to disabled but obviously things like the news channel and weather channel require this to be enabled.. just curious! [​IMG]

2. elvis24

Newcomer elvis24 Advanced Member

United States
    As I understand it it makes no odd if its on or not as long as your firmware is not 3.4, although 3.4 does not auto download updates(i am pretty sure) but it does give big N the oppurtunity to in future.

3. uzirider

Newcomer uzirider Member

Benin
    How did you change the region without bricking the console?

4. pangster79
    OP

Newcomer pangster79 Newbie

United Kingdom
    followed this guide:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1583585

[​IMG]

EDIT: another pleasant surprise seems to be that Super Mario Galaxy now works! LOL!! - it's never worked since I've had my Wii..