glitchbit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't beleive my lucky stars =)

http://cgi.ebay.com/White-Nintendo-DS-lite...1QQcmdZViewItem

I just kept checking out the buy it now stuff and sure enough that one popped up, while the seller does only have 89% rating I will risk it since I have had pretty good luck with my credit card company refunding me in the past.

But wow I can't beleive it, and he is even supose to ship it for free OO via USPS 2-3 day shipping! Which should cost around lik $10 I am very surprised anyone would eat that when they could be selling it for at least $50 more... maybe some people have a conscience after all o0..

Also yes west dundee is a real place lol and while the explaination of them thinking their grand daughter needed 2 DS Lites instead of one doesn't make a whole lot of sesne I don't care lol.

Beat that yall ebay bidders who have out bid me several times in the past in the last few seconds of any given auction that I'd participate in.

Looks like I am all set, sometime this week I will probably have everything, my MicroSD, R4 and the DS Lite!

Mars

Radioactive Propaganda Minister
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I never knew that DS Lites were sold out everywhere. I got mine at Wal-Mart in July and they had a ton in stock.

tetsuya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
$130 thats good for you. I'm nevering going to bid on ebay again. I got rip 3 times in december. 1 for a new ds lite at 128$, Last Exile set 50$, dvd recorder for 85$. I got my refund, but only 75% back. Stupid paypal.

pristinemog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What luck! Hopefully it makes it to you fine.

I had my share of luck getting a DS Lite a week before Christmas (here in Tampa, Florida they're basically nonexistent right now). My mom decided to randomly check the major stores online for stock and wouldn't you know it, there were DS Lites in stock at Circuit City. This was at about six in the morning. She ordered it for pickup and when she had left a couple of hours later, I checked the site again and sure enough, they were already sold out. Talk about lucky!

glitchbit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea lol, I have been trying to get one for a week now.

Originally I wanted a Wii but like the DS it was sold out too. So I changed my focus on the DS and looked around here and elsewhere for info I needed concerning the state of homebrew and what not and I did not expect to have any issues getting a DS Lite so I ordered the R4 and a microSD card. Then the next day I decided to go looking around town for a DS Lite couldn't find one after a few days so I then looked online and by this time I missed getting a DS by like a day or two online at a normal price. Only thing that was left was $200 walmart bundles from their site. Which I was beginning to think wasn't a half bad idea because I could have sold those games and accessories to make back some of my money. Or even go to walmart and get them to think I bought it from them in store and with it being unopened I could have gotten a gift card for the retail price.... heh yea that is what I should have done and I would have gotten the full retail price back on those accessories I did not want.

Oh well =) I have made out better than most

glitchbit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$130 thats good for you. I'm nevering going to bid on ebay again. I got rip 3 times in december. 1 for a new ds lite at 128$, Last Exile set 50$, dvd recorder for 85$. I got my refund, but only 75% back. Stupid paypal.

hmm.. could you tell me more about paypal only giving you back 75% I figured they'd be much like my Credit card company in being pretty easy to get things worked out. Outside of the cost of shipping something back(if you get it).

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
130.00 USD United States Dollars = 66.3897 GBP United Kingdom Pounds

Wow, that's impressive. Over here DS lites are sold at £90-£100+ each, often without any games. Nice buy!

tetsuya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

hmm.. could you tell me more about paypal only giving you back 75% I figured they'd be much like my Credit card company in being pretty easy to get things worked out. Outside of the cost of shipping something back(if you get it).
Paypal has a 25$ processing fee to get your money refunded.

SynGamer

Trophies
Website
syngamer.com
XP
Country
United States
I remember snagging a DS Lite from the Tivo store a few months back for $110 shipped. Was hoping to find it around $100 but at least i saved $20
smile.gif

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Congratulations on your find, although I’m not in the market for another DS-lite. I
was at Target & EB games yesterday & they both had DS-lites, here in SoCal for $130.

Havocbean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im in the northbay (near san fran) and there are DS lites here.. I know 3 targets have full stock, gamestop and gamecrazy as well. You can try craigslist, but you'll probably get a good few highballers that way.

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
How to you peaple have so much trouble finding one. I walked in to a store and picked up an onyx DS Lite and got a free Pokemon Trozei too in October. As for getting one for $130, it's not uncommon to find them Toronto for $129 which is the same as the US price. And the Canadian dollar isn't even high.

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
before it would be easy, but since december, DS lites are crazy hard to find
everyone getting it for xmas gifts and so on

try walking into a walmart, best buy or target. u wont find one

glitchbit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea and I was not planning on getting one... but the Wii was gone and I don't HAVE to have it till May, I am a sucker for mario games lol preferrably MarioKart....

So I thought I would take another look at the DS Lite, I had sold my DS phat months before Lite came out. None of my friends kept their DS Phat out of the very few that did buy one. So I had to go to the PSP, never liked it much but playing several games on it off a stick one could say was and is much easier than on DS, but as far as games are concerned I think I liked them better. Even though I only played Super Mario 64 and metroid demo on it.

When it comes to portable I want something quick, easy and gratifying. Not something long and drawn out and if I play something long and drawn out I don't want to feel the need to replay it when its sequels come out with practically the same gameplay. That and I have felt like I have played every PS3 and Xbox 360 game out there years ago, minus the graphics... Nintendo lost the ball with Gamecube, Mario Sunshine(never played it nor do I want to) and MK Double Dash, but I hope they are back for real now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool