1. migles

OP migles All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me

China
    hello, i have my ds lite pratically abandoned on my desk.....
    and from time to time, sometimes when i come here in the morning the console is blinking (it turned itself on)

for some time i thought i accidentaly left it ON, or accidentally pushed the switch.. but i had been all day here, and just noticed the console blinking...

does this happens to anyone else?
    the button seems to work fine, when i shut it off, the button works fine... maybe it has some humidity or needs cleaning but i have the some of the screws plastic almost stripped and didn't want to open the thing again risking it will not close again...

also, i tried to nudge the button, it's not sensible, normally it doesn't turn ON unless i push the button all the way up

while i was writing this, the console turned on by itself again lol....

Last edited by migles, Jan 28, 2017
  2. Alex4U

Alex4U i like pancakes

Mexico
    Do you opened the console and checked if something is in Power Switch?
    This happend me too with my DS Fat, but i fixed applying alcohol and cleaning the motherboard.

3. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Addict

And you have to be a dick by turning it off, not letting those Yokai play eh?
    I hope you at least save progress for them

TheKawaiiDesu likes this.
  4. migles

OP migles All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me

China
    just opened the thing.. damn, i almost breaked the screen ribbons. the ds lite is a mess to open...
    spent like half an hour with the damn sholder buttons, the springs jumped, and i almost lost one
    some screws appear to be already stripped, but they still stay in place so not that bad..

cleaned the thing inside with q tips and alcohol... and cleaned some leftover glue with the screwdriver and erased pencil marks done at factory lol
    the power button is a closed soldered spring lever thing (while in the ds phat is just a button)
    so i can't clean the power button inside, but i used acohol and q tips around. hope it stays better...

funny how i alraedy had opened this thing twice years ago, and i still had a plenty hard time to figure it out

hope the console doesn't turn on again..

do you think those yokay know that the 3ds is not safe because everyone uses a 3ds to catch them, so they now hide in the old DS console????

fatsquirrel likes this.
  5. koffieleut

koffieleut GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    It sounds like a new Creepypasta :D

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - itself, (turns, ghost