Gaming (Just making sure) can you load Homebrew from SD card on DSi?

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Picked up two DSis at a garage sale yesterday for $10. I've researched ways to get backups and homebrew on them and from what I've seen, you can only do that with a flash cart. Am I correct?

cole36912

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With flashcarts, you're limited to NTR homebrew. With a system exploit, you can load TWL homebrew, like TWiLightMenu++, which loads backups without using a flashcart to begin with.
If you have Flipnote Studio, use this guide to install homebrew https://dsi.cfw.guide/.
"soon"

All homebrew is ran from the SDCard considering that is the only removable storage that you can plug into a PC and load homebrew onto. As for Homebrew loaders, you can either cfw or use a flash cart (AceKard 2i I think).

Some homebrew can be ran wirelessly. If you own a compatible WiFi dongle you can use that to broadcast NDS roms through the WifiMe exploit or load a rom onto haxxstation that is ≤3MiBs (requires another NDS though or a homebrewed Wii with a NDS rom sender).
I think op means the sd slot in the console specifically, as opposed to a flashcart

Last edited by cole36912,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Yeet the cat.