Hacking Just got my Wii back from repairs...

the mario

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I just followed EmperorOfCanada's noob-proof downgrade/gamma guide to the letter, and everything seemed to go off without a hitch. But now I want to make absolutely sure that I take every precaution necessary to prevent my Wii from bricking again. Some info: I currently use Memorex brand DVD-Rs and Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 with burning speed set to "Max" to burn my games. Roxio came with my computer, and iso files are already affiliated with it, so I use it out of convenience.

Any recommendations for better DVD brands or burning software? Any general precautionary knowledge you can share would also be appreciated.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
the mario said:
Okay, so I just followed EmperorOfCanada's noob-proof downgrade/gamma guide to the letter, and everything seemed to go off without a hitch. But now I want to make absolutely sure that I take every precaution necessary to prevent my Wii from bricking again. Some info: I currently use Memorex brand DVD-Rs and Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 with burning speed set to "Max" to burn my games. Roxio came with my computer, and iso files are already affiliated with it, so I use it out of convenience.

Any recommendations for better DVD brands or burning software? Any general precautionary knowledge you can share would also be appreciated.

Well, IMGBurn is what we all use, so that may help.
Also don't forget to set the booktype to DVD-ROM and the speed should be around 4x .
The DVD brand is not bad, it won't really matter that much.

D

Deleted User

No listen to them.

IMGBurn 4x on a good DVD-R (Verbatim or Taiyo)/DVD+R (With booktype set to DVD-ROM).

the mario

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I change the book type? Apparently you have to know the make of your DVD drive, but I can't find Matshita/Panasonic among the given options.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the mario said:
How do I change the book type? Apparently you have to know the make of your DVD drive, but I can't find Matshita/Panasonic among the given options.
if it's not among the options it's possible you can't change book type with that drive, and or it auto sets the book type.
also if you have to use verbatim you can use the dvd-r the wii like -r media better than +r anyway, this pretty much goes for any dvd brand.
though don't waist time with what media is the best it's a pointless struggle, most media will work on the wii fine i have some cheap ass jvc dvd-r that run just as good as my higher quality media burns and they are considered 3rd class media.

jspicher

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.coastalwebinnovations.com
XP
Country
United States
Wait a minute - are you saying that bad DVD burns can (slowly) brick your wii? Or did it happen all of'uva sudden or what? I'm confused l didn't have any idea that burned DVDs could brick your wii (unless you had some arbitrary program (other than a game) on the disc).

moosh01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jspicher said:
Wait a minute - are you saying that bad DVD burns can (slowly) brick your wii? Or did it happen all of'uva sudden or what? I'm confused l didn't have any idea that burned DVDs could brick your wii (unless you had some arbitrary program (other than a game) on the disc).
Who is talking about bricking your wii from bad burns???? And for the record they can't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: