Just got a Nokia BH-503 Headset

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
At 2pm of today, March 18, I bought my very own Nokia BH-503 Bluetooth Headset for Php 3,800 as an investment to my never-ending quest of BEST HEADPHONES.

Every time we bought a wired headset, the plug ALWAYS gets loose and we only hear one of the speaker of the headphones. Who would want to spend Php 350 every month or Php 800 every 2 months? It's been a probelm ever since 2001. Do the math (350 price x12 months x9 years x2 persons =the price of the headset in total)

With a wireless headset, our worries are no more.

sadly, I may not be able to play Pokemon HeartGold and/or Pokemon SoulSilver because we dont have money be we can download events from the downloaded we got from the internet

So yeah, this is my Nokia BH-503 Bluetooth Headset and IT IS LOUD!!!

Problem is I cant rest my head because of the OVER THE EAR headband. T_T. I wish I got the BH-905 but it's nowhere to be found.

PROS:

Very loud

CONS

Cannot be used while riding a car and relax for a very long trip

nokia_bh503_bluetooth_stereo_headset_bh-503_312x312.gif

BeatriceTheGolde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
tempchan.co.cc
XP
Country
Canada
Chris_Skylock said:
At 2pm of today, March 18, I bought my very own Nokia BH-503 Bluetooth Headset for Php 3,800 as an investment to my never-ending quest of BEST HEADPHONES.

Every time we bought a wired headset, the plug ALWAYS gets loose and we only hear one of the speaker of the headphones. Who would want to spend Php 350 every month or Php 800 every 2 months? It's been a probelm ever since 2001. Do the math (350 price x12 months x9 years x2 persons =the price of the headset in total)

With a wireless headset, our worries are no more.
1. These aren't 'BEST HEADPHONES'
2. If the plug gets loose and you get a bad connection, RE-FUCKING-CABLE.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stop buying shitty headphones/stop treating headphones like shit and you won't need to be buying new headphones each month. shit i've got some generic buds from 3 years ago which i bought for $2.50 that still work perfectly fine even after a year or so of daily use.

D

Deleted_171835

.Radiant said:
stop buying shitty headphones/stop treating headphones like shit and you won't need to be buying new headphones each month. shit i've got some generic buds from 3 years ago which i bought for $2.50 that still work perfectly fine even after a year or so of daily use.
Agreed.

The only time I broke a pair of headphones was when I used it as a whip for self-defense against some dorks at my school. Bam. I landed a direct blow to their head. It cracked the headphones, though.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Everyone else is right. If you really need to buy headphones, cheap or not, every month, then you obviously don't take care of them. I have a pair of cheap, Philips earbuds that came with my GoGear Vibe back in August of last year, and they work great (The metal is starting to corrode, so when I turn the plug, it makes static-like noises every time I turn it). I also have a big pair of stereo/over-ear headphones that I got for free late last year, and they are about 20 years old or so. They work just fine on my keyboard, and with anything else, since I have a plug-converter. The only problem is that the left speaker is loose on the inside, and it rattles around...It still works though.

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I used the headphones normally. I plug it and put it in my pocket. I dont abuse it like hell. Im a careful person but our headphones here easily break. I wonder why?

I dont just complain without reason. I make sure it will be balance or something like that

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting, I just ordered them form dealextreme yesteraday http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.30407 for a lot cheaper.
The reviews seem to suggest that they are either the real ones (aftermarket product?) or very good clone.

I too hope they are good, I want to use them with my PS3, PC (already have a couple of bluetooth adapters lying around) and hopefully when I get a smartphone (my mobile is like 5 years old!!!), which should double as a media/wifi device.

I'm not a huge fan of behind ear designs (for comfort), but BH-905 doesn't look very stylish imo.

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
BH-905 is suitable to me as I love to use it while riding in long trips. BH-905 has 8 dedicated microphones to reduce unnecessary sounds but it's nowhere in my country.

BH-503 are really love. ignore the sounds people are hearing because the speakers are really loud but as soon as you wear it, it's really loud. nothing special but I can live with the sound.

Make sure you have the small charger, pouch and some manuals. It also has some data written on the headphones.

Im so glad I bought one but many people will be annoyed in the bus because they can hear what im listening to.

BeatriceTheGolde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
tempchan.co.cc
XP
Country
Canada
Chris_Skylock said:
BH-905 is suitable to me as I love to use it while riding in long trips. BH-905 has 8 dedicated microphones to reduce unnecessary sounds but it's nowhere in my country.

BH-503 are really love. ignore the sounds people are hearing because the speakers are really loud but as soon as you wear it, it's really loud. nothing special but I can live with the sound.

Make sure you have the small charger, pouch and some manuals. It also has some data written on the headphones.

Im so glad I bought one but many people will be annoyed in the bus because they can hear what im listening to.
If it's really loud and you're concerned about other people being annoyed by being able to hear your music, why don't you just turn the volume down?

Would you mind describing the sound quality? How it compares to other headphones that are generally in good standing with most audio enthusiasts?

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Looks like open headphones so I guess people can hear since it has leakage. (I think?)
tongue.gif
Unless he is actually blasting it. Which is plain stupid.

Anyways well good for you at finding a suitable headphones.

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
im not an actually a reviewer but comparing it with similar designs, it's a great experience. It's a 9/10. Comparing it with an in-ear phone is somewhat. 8/10. Comparing it with a DJ headphone is 4/10 because the DJ headphones has the best quality.

scoring it as a normal user is 8/10.

I'll rank this headphone a 8.2/10 in my personal opinion.

The Nokia BH-503 is a great wireless headphone if you're stuck in the world of Nokia. But there are so many headphones out there with super quality like the Nokia BH-905 or other company's headphones.

Im stuck with Nokia so I cannot guarantee the quality but after playing with it, it's a great experience but nothing compare the experience with in-ear or with DJ headphones like the Nokia BH-905.

Im so sorry if I can review this as Im not used as reviewing things except cellphones

BeatriceTheGolde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
tempchan.co.cc
XP
Country
Canada
Chris_Skylock said:
im not an actually a reviewer but comparing it with similar designs, it's a great experience. It's a 9/10. Comparing it with an in-ear phone is somewhat. 8/10. Comparing it with a DJ headphone is 4/10 because the DJ headphones has the best quality.

scoring it as a normal user is 8/10.

I'll rank this headphone a 8.2/10 in my personal opinion.

The Nokia BH-503 is a great wireless headphone if you're stuck in the world of Nokia. But there are so many headphones out there with super quality like the Nokia BH-905 or other company's headphones.

Im stuck with Nokia so I cannot guarantee the quality but after playing with it, it's a great experience but nothing compare the experience with in-ear or with DJ headphones like the Nokia BH-905.

Im so sorry if I can review this as Im not used as reviewing things except cellphones
It's fine, but please, describe the sound quality specifically!

Highs? Mids? Lows? Detail? I want you to get specific.
smile.gif

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
using it outside gives you a nice loud experience. It's in the near HIGH, if you ask me. even the softest music can be heard. Though specific instruments are out of the questions.

The sound quality is incomparable with in-ear ones but the sounds are like DS Lite to DSi. So much improvements comapring earphones and over-the ear headphones.

A + point to Nokia for making these STEREO Bluetooth headset. I thought their headsets are trash since we're used in their retail packaged headphones before releaseing the Nokia 5530 the the headphones.

It's a loud stereo headset but you should watch for the battery life (that actually testing in the near future.)

BeatriceTheGolde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
tempchan.co.cc
XP
Country
Canada
Chris_Skylock said:
using it outside gives you a nice loud experience. It's in the near HIGH, if you ask me. even the softest music can be heard. Though specific instruments are out of the questions.

The sound quality is incomparable with in-ear ones but the sounds are like DS Lite to DSi. So much improvements comapring earphones and over-the ear headphones.

A + point to Nokia for making these STEREO Bluetooth headset. I thought their headsets are trash since we're used in their retail packaged headphones before releaseing the Nokia 5530 the the headphones.

It's a loud stereo headset but you should watch for the battery life (that actually testing in the near future.)
Really? What kind of in-ear 'phones have you used? Which ones are better than this set of 'phones?

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I used A4tech in-ear but it might be different because the in-ear ones are actually inside of your ears while this BH-503 is outside of your ears which gives the same quality of sounds.

Both are the same but the in-ear ones are much better but I need a solution to the plug problems - it keeps on loosening every a month or so while investing for almost the same price as the Nokia BH-503 headset for a year.

The sounds on the Nokia BH-503 never dis-appoints me because it's actually good and very loud. A highly recommended headphone.

The CONS:

cant use on long trips
less than 10 hours of battery

recommended:

BH-905 with 25 hours of battery
8 dedicated microphone for noise cancellation

BeatriceTheGolde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
tempchan.co.cc
XP
Country
Canada
Chris_Skylock said:
I used A4tech in-ear but it might be different because the in-ear ones are actually inside of your ears while this BH-503 is outside of your ears which gives the same quality of sounds.

Both are the same but the in-ear ones are much better but I need a solution to the plug problems - it keeps on loosening every a month or so while investing for almost the same price as the Nokia BH-503 headset for a year.

The sounds on the Nokia BH-503 never dis-appoints me because it's actually good and very loud. A highly recommended headphone.

The CONS:

cant use on long trips
less than 10 hours of battery

recommended:

BH-905 with 25 hours of battery
8 dedicated microphone for noise cancellation
Thank you for your insight.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey my BH-503's arrived (possible clones lol)
smile.gif

Works great but, seems like it doesn't support MP3, only SPC transmission (supposably MP3 is less compressed and sounds better).

I'm not sure if it's bluesoleil (2.6) or the headset. I couldn't find any info on the web on whether it supports MP3 or not, so maybe it just doesn't (I was just hoping).

When the connection begins, bluesoleil says "mp3 codec not found, defaulting to SPC" or something similar.

Just so no-one gets confused, I'm talking about the codec used when transmitting to the headphones, not whats played on the PC (which can be any format i believe).

On another note, mic works fine with the ps3, however you can't listen to music/movies, only useful for ingame stuff (as i previously heard).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou