Hardware Why I think VR Headset are not good yet.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
If your glasses are small enough, you might be able to wear them perfectly fine with any headset. Some headsets are even adjustable so you can create more space for glasses. The only problem is that if you adjust them too much (by moving the display away from your face), you'll decrease the FOV. That can be solved with smaller glasses.

As for how it feels, it's fine. I have prescription lenses that I only wear sometimes when I'm reading, but I've worn them in VR and didn't notice any difference in comfort or quality. I don't know if a stronger prescription will affect the optics.

Thank you.:)

The glasses are relative big and thats why I fear it can get uncomfortable.
Next concerns are about the "effect" of the fast Pictures (my idea: they get "direct" to the brain than from an TV.)
That thing what described in the First page of game manuals.
With normal gaming on TV I never had such symptoms-Also handhelds never makes this with me.But of the Effect that 3D movies has on me I am a little concerned.:(

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you.:)

The glasses are relative big and thats why I fear it can get uncomfortable.
Next concerns are about the "effect" of the fast Pictures (my idea: they get "direct" to the brain than from an TV.)
That thing what described in the First page of game manuals.
With normal gaming on TV I never had such symptoms-Also handhelds never makes this with me.But of the Effect that 3D movies has on me I am a little concerned.:(
They actually sell special lenses that pop into the headsets https://vr-lens-lab.com/

Reactions: Alexander1970

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently (few months ago) purchased a complete vive (new-open box) for $400

There is just a lack of content for it, on the pc anyway there is tons and tons of things but its mostly all shovelware tier apps, you can obtain pretty much all games/apps through piracy at least eliminating some of the costs of vr. You got stuff like beat saber which will keep you busy for awhile, but tacked on vr like zoe2 mars is just a horrible experience.

I also went ahead and order the deluxe audio strap for $75, fiddling around with headphones, both the 3.5mm ones and USB ones that I went though the on headset usb pass through was getting annoying, also the strap its self is pretty bad, too much weight on the front and not enough support on the back of the head, allowing it to become lose / slip off so hopefully this improves the in game experience.

The index has been getting mixed reviews, particularly the controllers which were overhyped.

so if you had to give it a realistic price, what would that be? Ive been told theyre only worth about $150-200 used

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back