Hacking Just got a 3DS XL with a Sky3DS (blue button), need help setting it up

newgen2005

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I see now, my bad. Thank you. If I pop a 64gb card in the 3DS can I format from 3DS or do I need to do this on a PC?

newgen2005

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am downloading files as per guide, this part

CheddaGuap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Oh lol. Even tho im not new to CFW on both of my 3ds, i was told it's easier

Oh lol ok, but what i dont get is you do know if you play certain games there gonna ask you to update your firmware so why worry about 10.1? Just curious. Thays why i said just update to latest firmware and lookup frogminer. Free and easy but apparently 10.1 and soundhax is better. Who da thunk it.

Last edited by CheddaGuap,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I see now, my bad. Thank you. If I pop a 64gb card in the 3DS can I format from 3DS or do I need to do this on a PC?
If you are using Windows, you need additional software to format drives >32GB with FAT32 like guiformat. The card will only work in the 3DS with FAT32, not exFAT.

@CheddaGuap It is easier than Frogminer. Just downloading some files, putting them on the SD-card, starting Soundapp, boot HB-menu, start udsploit, safehax, SafeB9SInstaller. Updating to the latest firmware is in the finalizing part of the guide.

Reactions: newgen2005

CheddaGuap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are using Windows, you need additional software to format drives >32GB with FAT32 like guiformat. The card will only work in the 3DS with FAT32, not exFAT.

@CheddaGuap It is easier than Frogminer. Just downloading some files, putting them on the SD-card, starting Soundapp, boot HB-menu, start udsploit, safehax, SafeB9SInstaller. Updating to the latest firmware is in the finalizing part of the guide.
I used frogminer and used less steps.. read the guide and find out yourself sir.

CheddaGuap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am at the Backup SysNAND stage. All going well...so far :)

Wow. I thought you would have been done by now but good job.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wow. I thought you would have been done by now but good job.
Future reference... Dont use an outdated guide. If you used frogminer which is updated as of 2018 you would have bypassed certain steps you wouldn't have to do and you would have already had CFW on your updated 3ds but im glad you got that far with no problem.

Reactions: newgen2005

newgen2005

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am now at the stage of updating the system, is this right? I have checked my firmware version and it is the same.

CheddaGuap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am now at the stage of updating the system, is this right? I have checked my firmware version and it is the same.

Im sorry but i never used soundhax, funny how its telling you to update your firmware when i told you to do that in the beginning.. smh. Your gonna have to update your firmware regardless in order to play certain games or use certain apps. So yes.. update your 3ds sir.

newgen2005

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Once I have installed the games can I hide apps like FBI? This is for my nephew to use and I don't want him going into any apps that may harm the device!

Last edited by newgen2005,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Im sorry but i never used soundhax, funny how its telling you to update your firmware when i told you to do that in the beginning.. smh. Your gonna have to update your firmware regardless in order to play certain games or use certain apps. So yes.. update your 3ds sir.
Plailect’s guide is not outdated in general. The only outdated part is “installing boot9strap (Seedminer)” where you have to buy a DSiWare game. Hopefully the Frogminer method will be included into the guide as it it the best way if your firmware is already >=11.4 and you do not have an ntrboot card.

The guide tells you to update after installing boot9strap, because updating before breaks Soundhax and browser based entry points.

Besides… zoogie himself stated Soundhax→udsploit → safehax is easier than his method.
Once I have installed the games can I hide apps like FBI? This is for my nephew to use and I don't want him going into any apps that may harm the device!
A 3DS with cfw is not childproof – if the child is not willing to accept certain rules like “Keep your hands off FBI and GodMode9!” and “Do not do anything you don’t understand and ask if you’re unsure!”. I guess you could just uninstall FBI and delete the GodMode9.firm and fbi.3dsx from the SD-card.

Store the NAND-backup not only on the SD-card but also on a computer so you never lose the possibility to restore.

AFAIK it is possible to deliberately softbrick a 3DS with GodMode to a point where only an ntrboot card (or hardmod) can help you. But this can’t be done by accident. You must actively unlock write permissions by entering a button combination and get warned about the risk. Or to say it nasty: If you randomly write to your NAND you’ll get what you deserve.

CheddaGuap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plailect’s guide is not outdated in general. The only outdated part is “installing boot9strap (Seedminer)” where you have to buy a DSiWare game. Hopefully the Frogminer method will be included into the guide as it it the best way if your firmware is already >=11.4 and you do not have an ntrboot card.

The guide tells you to update after installing boot9strap, because updating before breaks Soundhax and browser based entry points.

Besides… zoogie himself stated Soundhax→udsploit → safehax is easier than his method.

A 3DS with cfw is not childproof – if the child is not willing to accept certain rules like “Keep your hands off FBI and GodMode9!” and “Do not do anything you don’t understand and ask if you’re unsure!”. I guess you could just uninstall FBI and delete the GodMode9.firm and fbi.3dsx from the SD-card.

Store the NAND-backup not only on the SD-card but also on a computer so you never lose the possibility to restore.

AFAIK it is possible to deliberately softbrick a 3DS with GodMode to a point where only an ntrboot card (or hardmod) can help you. But this can’t be done by accident. You must actively unlock write permissions by entering a button combination and get warned about the risk. Or to say it nasty: If you randomly write to your NAND you’ll get what you deserve.

Im not new to CFW and was in no way trying to challenge you. I knew he would have to update his 3ds eventually because he said he was on 10.1 so it would have made his process free, short and easy by updating to 11.8 and using frogminer... But if you like the long way and using extra steps be my guest.

Last edited by CheddaGuap,
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

larrypretty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have just brought a 3DS XL which came with a Sky3DS (blue button cart). It came with a 64gb card with a few games on it. What I want to do is setup another card with different games on it, I don't want to erase anything on the card that came with it in case I loose everything.

I have downloaded the latest version of Diskwriter and a template file as per instructions I found online. I have run the Diskwriter program and formatted the 64gb card and written a game to it, when I put Sky3DS cart in the 3DS nothing shows. I am confused about the template file. Can anyone give me some guidance please?

I have owned a 3DS XL with a Gateway, that was easy to setup and use. The Sky3DS is puzzling me!
Blue button sky3ds? The sky3ds I know is a Sky3ds+ or sky3ds plus with orange buttons

newgen2005

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys I have just got the 3DS out the cupboard since installing CFW. I have installed on cia's, when I launch certain titles they say there is an update available, is this a game or system update? is it safe?

Last edited by newgen2005,

newgen2005

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you, just wanted to make sure I didn't mess anything up!

One more question, can I make the game icons bigger? also put the apps like FBI. FTP'D into a folder? so my nephew does select them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: