Just Brought A Premodded Wii With WiiKey V2 Got A Few Questions About

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by need4speed, Dec 2, 2008.

1. need4speed
    OP

Member need4speed GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I've just brought a premodded wii with the wiikey v2. I got some questions that need answering.

1. Is It safe to update the wii console from the Nintendo firmware?

2. Can I play any backup wii games on the PAL wii console with the wiikey v2 and do my games need to be patched before I burned them?

3. Is It safe to play backup games online etc and will Nintendo find out If you been playing backups online?

4. How does the dvd firmware update works for the wiikey v2?

Thank you very much for your time reading this.

2. MrBubbles

Member MrBubbles GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yeah...however...

I did read a thread a while ago that it is technically possible for Nintendo to tell if you're using a fake copy (If memory serves me correct). But the chances of Nintendo ever doing anything about it are slime to none, they're even known to leave modded Wiis untouched when sent for a repair service.

3. screamq3

Member screamq3 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    as regards to patched, do you mean using brickblocker? id always patch every release to be on the safe side m8, mine is modded with an Argon, theres not one release i havent used brickblocker on and all releases work fine [​IMG]

4. need4speed
    OP

Member need4speed GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Yeah sorry I mean brickblocker [​IMG] Thank you for the replys Is there anything else I should know about? And also I am quite new to this but I should learn pretty quickly.