Hacking Just bought a psp w/6.60

roveer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a psp 3000 with 6.60. I put Pro B9 on it. Is there a later firmware or is this version ok. I also downloaded 29284-660PRO-C.fix3.rar Should I use that? Since I'm only able to use these FW's temporary can I just go to the new version (copy folders to memory stick) or do I have to do any kind of uninstall before going to a new version?

Also, per the guide I used, I put 2 folders (proupdate and fastrecovery) on the memory stick. Do I need the fastrecovery folder? What does it do anyway? If I'm never going to use it, I'd rather it now show up as a menu option under the memory card that it could accidentily get run by someone using the console.

Final question.

Besides running psp stuff what else should I get for this console? I've never really run any homebrew or emulators. Is there something that I really should do? Just want to get the most out of this thing.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, PRO-C is the latest. You'll want to run the installer for B9 and choose to uninstall before going to C, since they do come some files to the flash.

Fastrecovery is a faster way of booting into hacked mode.

Emulators are listed here.
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Emulation_on_PSP

roveer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, PRO-C is the latest. You'll want to run the installer for B9 and choose to uninstall before going to C, since they do come some files to the flash.

Fastrecovery is a faster way of booting into hacked mode.

Emulators are listed here.
http://wiki.gbatemp....mulation_on_PSP

Thanks,

I uninstalled b9 and put the new version on and it works just fine. When would I acutally use the fastrecovery? When I'm in a power off situation should I be running the pro update? I'm kind of unsure about this.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fast recovery is for when you turn the psp back on, the pro update is just for uninstalling the CFW if you ever need that.

roveer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent

Does this mean I can remove the pro update folder so I don't see the icon or does it need to be there for normal operation? Just trying to get things as simple looking as possible.

Roveer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yes