OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

For all of you wanting to be sure you get a Kingston : made in Japan

look at www.ervavli.nl/webshop .....

I bought 3 after confirmation that indeed they were made in Japan...... (I live in the neighbourhood so I went there to collect them)

The website is in Dutch but use the emailadres under 'contact' and I guess everything will work out ok.

I am in no way connected to this guy so no questions :-)

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bought a 1GB and it was made in Taiwan at newegg.com for $17.99 + $4.99 S&H. Then my brother wants one and bought a 1GB at meritline.com for $15.95 + free S&H. When it came in the mail today, he open it up and it was made in Japan.

Right now we didn't see any different when playing games but with mp3 in moonshell the Taiwan version stutter the music every 2-5 second while the Japan version does not.

Now my sister had order 2 1GB from meritline.com and hopefully both of them are made in Japan so I can swap them. XD

danimal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a 1gb from meritline and ended up with a taiwan one, the previously two that I had bought from newegg were both made in japan. Is anyone having any issues with other games besides castlevania POR with the taiwan one? I just tested the taiwan one and castlevania POR crashed when I pressed start.

Blightfire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Does the serial on the card match with serial on barcode? mine doesn't seem to match.... : (
EDIT: Can anone post their HDTach results?
I'm getting 8.5MB/s burst 8.3MB/s read and a random access time of 2.3seconds... have a feeling i might have gotten myself a fake card... This one says made in japan too..

dodly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey the guys with the Japan cards, does your package saying "ASSY IN JAPAN? and on your card does it say "JAPAN"?

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I hope you're not using the card reader supplied, because to be honest that runs usb transfer speeds really slowly. Infact, many cheap card readers are below the average. My USB2.0 flashpen runs about 9mb/s.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I doubt any Japan's you bought are fake. Most likely the reader

Using the R4 reader, I get an access time of 1.6ms using a USB 1.1 slot
frown.gif

Blightfire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Well im only posting here because its a thread regarding the kingston1gb but it seems i do get alot of crashes when i run games off my scds1 which shouldn't be the case as it is irrelevant of card reader... time to just sell the junk and get a R4DS i guess

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No..it was a thread on a Kingston made in Japan...... it has become a thread on Kingston.

Again : if you want castlevania POR to run....buy Kingston Japan (=Toshiba OEM) or Toshiba.....
or wait until R4/M3 releases a firmware version which solves this problem (and Tony Hawk slowdown?) on other cards
or wait until Castlevania POR gets a v1.1 release (it is said that POR sometimes also crashes on the original card)
or buy any other card if you don't like Castlevania POR

bennyboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had a standard 1GB Sandisk and got crashes in POR all the time.. - Just got the 1GB Toshiba at the weekend and no more crashes.. - only £16 too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la