Hacking Question Just bought a brand new Nintendo Switch. How to tell if hackable?

IHOP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know some of the new models have fusee gelee patched, wanted to determine if mine is one of those. Which would be the best way to find out? Thanks.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should test it with Fusée Gelée.

Other than that, you could check the serial number and system version to see if they match or are similar to systems that are or are not vulnerable to Fusée Gelée.

jamesq97

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
site will not let me link, so search Switch - Tutorials for
A definitive way to test if your Switch is patched or not (purchases after 07-2018)

Albytrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Successfully booted hekate ipl! Looks like I got lucky, thanks guys.

Aren't most of the reports in Asia at the moment? I think it'll take Nintendo a good month or more to clear out the old exploitable inventory and they have to get the new model out before the Holidays (or so I'm guessing). The only other ones I've seen reported outside of Asia are exchanged repair units, which makes sense as they'd get them from the fresh factory batch.

I don't think North America and possibly Europe (not sure how it works there) buyers have to worry about the non-exploitable for a few months at least.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz