Nikaia-Repair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello guys,

It is my 1st time posting here. I've already found some fixes for my issues here (thanks to y'all btw) so I thought it would be the right place to ask.
Long story short, I tried to mod my brand new OLED switch with a HWFly modchip. I bought 2 different versions to be sure.

The 1st time, I think I did all well but the chip wouldn't boot and the switch was booting normally, not in the "No SD Card" screen. I checked every connection like 10 times so I thought the chip was faulty. I then proceeded to change the ribbons for the other version, but a capacitor broke off during the process (next to the CPU). I put it back in place, the console was working fine after that. I then proceeded to put the new ribbons, all measurements looked good:
A, C, D, 3.3V were 0.75V in diode mode
B was 1.5V

When I tried to boot, the chip made a blue light signal, ther purple, then nothing. I had to unplug and replug the battery to do it again, just for it to do the same pattern.
Then the switch wasn't working anymore, no normal boot at all even without the chip.
My voltages in diode mode were then :
A,C,D 0,45V
3.3V 0.75V

Now, I'm afraid that I killed my CPU; every capcacitor on the picture that is painted in red either show a resistance of 0 or 1ohm between its 2 points:
Capture d'écran 2024-01-25 005027.png

Capture d'écran 2024-01-25 005027 - Copie.png

Do anyone know if it's worth the time to try to repair it, or should I only keep it for parts? Could it be another chip that died?
Thanks by advance for your time !

I'm so devastated :cry:

Attachments

• Capture d'écran 2024-01-25 005027.png
    Capture d'écran 2024-01-25 005027.png
    480.9 KB · Views: 13

Woody211

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Stray solder ball somewhere ? Maybe under the Apu.
Shorted capacitor due to heat from soldering possible, try removing the ones you soldered too and see if the short clears.

Last edited by Woody211,

Nikaia-Repair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Stray solder ball somewhere ? Maybe under the Apu.
Shorted capacitor due to heat from soldering possible, try removing the ones you soldered too and see if the short clears.
Thanks for your answer !
I don't think there is any solder ball, i've been very careful doing it, but I'm going to check anyway.
I've already removed the ones I soldered, which did not make the values change. I may try to remove all capacitors and see if it changes the problem before putting them back in place.

Nikaia-Repair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, thanks for your answer

My Hwfly setup? i ripped it all off the board hoping to at least make it boot normally...
Post automatically merged:

Stop! Please measure the ohm values against ground. Just the two capacitors SP1 & SP2.
If i'm not wrong, one side is always on ground?
I'm going to try tomorrow but I think it will be between 1ohm and 1.5 ohms for what i've seen today

Doctorbeefy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, thanks for your answer.
My Hwfly setup? i ripped it all off the board hoping to at least make it boot normally at the end ..
Yeah, that might have helped find what was wrong. Another thing you could do is upload some actual pictures of your board in all the places you touched.

However, I would do what MoeXzl asked above

Nikaia-Repair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, that might have helped find what was wrong. Another thing you could do is upload some actual pictures of your board in all the places you touched.

I will do that tomorrow morning, I don't have it here right now. thanks for your time :D

this is why I had a professional do mine. cost me a lot of money though.
The worst thing is that I did at least 3 OLED Models for friends of mine before and never ever experienced that kind of trouble. I did 15+ classic switch also with no defect rate.
When it's one I buy for myself i cant manage to do it, but when it's for others it's perfectly done :rofl2:
But that's better like that I think ;)

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will do that tomorrow morning, I don't have it here right now. thanks for your time :D

The worst thing is that I did at least 3 OLED Models for friends of mine before and never ever experienced that kind of trouble. I did 15+ classic switch also with no defect rate.
When it's one I buy for myself i cant manage to do it, but when it's for others it's perfectly done :rofl2:
But that's better like that I think ;)
I know that feel. I have done some successfully then damaged a couple or a few. Not the OLED version though but the original and the lite.

Nikaia-Repair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Hello,

Here are some pictures.
As you can see I dismounted bot SP1 and SP2 capacitors.
20240126_175613.jpg
20240126_175602.jpg
20240126_175624.jpg

Stop! Please measure the ohm values against ground. Just the two capacitors SP1 & SP2.
1.5 Ohms on each one to the ground. The capacitors were dismounted while measuring.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto