Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hybridkit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Definitely gonna try all of them during summer.
yaynds.gif

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trolly said:
ohmy.gif
You haven't put down Final Fantasy IV! I'm looking forward to that and FFTA2 especially. The rest of the list still looks awesome, and I'll probably pick up most of those titles!
And I'm assuming Time Hollow is the Japanese release right? I'll probably get that when it gets a US release.

A couple of other titles for the DS might turn out half-decent, and might be worth playing:
New International Track And Field (Olympic-style SNES remake (I think)) - July 22
Harvest Moon: Island Of Happiness - July 29
I can't believe people keep on missing out Harvest Moon lol.
I forgot to list FFIV myself xD Lol

Time Hollow's date seems to have been changed a lot. Originally planned for March, now August 29, who knows when a USA version will hit? :[

Syao4 said:
N+ is coming out this month? Really?
Indeed.
biggrin.gif
I can't wait, the only thing I could think of to perfect this game would be a map builder, and I believe it has one :]

Satangel said:
I'm gonna pick them all up, but I predict half of these titles will dissapoint me
frown.gif
Iunno, most of these seem like they 'can't' dissapoint, but in some aspect, even if some do, you'll still have a great time with all these summer releases probably :3

Seriously even if all of them except Civ disappoints, you still have hundreds of hours of fun in that single game ;]
QUOTE(Killermech @ Jun 1 2008, 06:45 AM)
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood.. Bioware is like a god to me, so im sure this game won't disappoint me either.
I'm glad to see Sonic back in the console gaming situation with a new game (Preferably a platformer of sorts)

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pyrofyr said:
Killermech said:
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood.. Bioware is like a god to me, so im sure this game won't disappoint me either.
I'm glad to see Sonic back in the console gaming situation with a new game (Preferably a platformer of sorts)

You're gonna be highly disappointed if you're expecting a platformer. It's going to be an rpg game, which may actually make it sound a bit weird and awkward. But it's Bioware making it and in which they have
made some of the greatest rpg games of all times.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can handle that I suppose. I'd just be happy enough to see sonic back in action.

I'm going to make sure I go out and buy a copy of this. I want to support it as much as I can (Without senselessly wasting money) so that hopefully they decide to start making sonic titles as frequently as back in the day (And he becomes Mario's rival once more :[)

/me wipes a tear from his eye... one can dream... one can dream...

maz-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yep, June is definitely gonna be sweet - FFTA 2 and Mega Man SF 2 both coming out on the same day (and 3 days before SSBB!).

Shifty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Mhhhhhh. Shame FFIV isn't out untill end of July. September will be great aswell with DWIV, although that's probably the only _GREAT_ game we'll see that month. I'm new to DS, so I don't really know what games I'm looking for, but I'll make a short list over games that have caught my intention.

Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Final Fantasy IV
Summon Night: Twin Age (possibly)
Fire Emblem
Soma Bringer (they have to get this out in NA, don't they!?)
Dragon Warrior IV
Gauntlet (had no idea about a DS port 'till I saw it in this topic)
Tales of Innocence (To NA, Namco, please.)
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (makes we want to get PoR and DoS just to build up the excitement for OoE. Must admit I never realled LOVED SotN for the PSX, though, so I'm kinda unsure if I should get the DS games.)

Oh, and Megaman is always worth looking up, even though the receptions the SF1 games got were rather poor.

Kinda too many RPG's in the list, but what the heck.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if you meant you know nothing or just about everything (I've seen that used both ways, but mostly for nothing)

Gauntlet was an Arcade game, pretty much the best medieval RPG, which was then ported to the Game Cube/PS2, and although it was claimed to have lttle success there, I thought the N64 version did it great justice (Never played PS2 version).

It's a friggin' amazing game, great bosses, great gameplay, when I played it (Was around 13) I shat my pants at the gruesome detail of some areas, and if I played at night it had an effect similar to scary movies have to most people on me. (I'm not scared at all by any movies, but games that are very well detailed and not overtly gory, will make me shit bricks if I play them in the dark confines of a solitary room at night.)

By the way, by detail I mean that despite the fact that there was an obvious graphical limit, they pretty much did the equivelant of Mortal Kombat, in order to make their characters as realistic seeming as possible. The game was quite fun indeed, and boasts a few classes, and mock classses.

Shifty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well, I didn't know anything about Gauntlet for DS before I realised that it was a port of the arcade!

XeonZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, June and July are both great gaming months and for a change there isn't a summer drought. I'd like to wait until E3 and wait out the rest of the year for release dates though.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed, E3 shall be celebratory, especially if they release a new something special for DS.

In any case, I'm not sure I understand the whole 'rock band' thing anyway. There is a ripoff for Nintendo calld "Ultimate Band", but that's not scheduled until Q1 09.

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
The two I'm definitely waiting for are Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2, and... Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2. I remember I clocked over a hundred hours on my original FFTA.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
June has the best range of game selections so far this year.

On PS3/360: MGS4, Ninja Gaiden 2, Grid, Kung Fu Panda, LEGO Indiana Jones, Incredible Hulk (looked good enough as far as trailer goes), Dragon Ball Z:Burst Limit, Alone in the Dark
DS: Summon Night, Etrian Odyssey 2, Tamagotchi Corner Shop 3 =), FFTA2
PSP: Secret Agent Clank, Super Robot Taisen A Portable

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh