OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Romruto said:
lol im still wondering if this can be done, the YES and NO ones....

yeahornonk7.png
to
yesornodh8.png

i know that the spanish team have inserted this elements (the YES, NO, Cancel .....in spanish)

So if someone know them maybe we can insert this part !
I know they have talked once on the main thread

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Whist I have yet to get any more translation from Demon Rin (Never seem to catch him while he's free these days), having recently got home and looked through 14 volumes of Gintama, I have come to 2 conclusions.

1) I have absolutely no life.
2) There are 4 mistakes in Gintama komas.

gt_05_6Odlur.png

should be

"I'm not planning to let her [Kagura] die either."

gt_06_6H.png

should be

"[By fighting with the intent of taking each others' lives] He awakens the deepest memories of battles that lie dormant within." (The bit in brackets is in the previous panel, included for context)

gt_28_2H.png

should be

"I am the warrior of love ... Mayonner 13." (Mayonner as in someone who likes mayonnaise. It's a reference to an old anime Golgo 13)

gt_32_3H.png

should be

"I'll hit you very carefully so as to not hurt your face or the plate." (Long story)

These are taken from the Thai translation so I'll check with someone who knows Japanese again when I get the chance.

Anorhc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All fixed. I think.

gt_28_2H
gt_28_2H.png

gt_32_3H
gt_32_3H.png

gt_05_6Odlur.
gt_05_6Odlur.png

This one was pretty difficult, particularly because of the way the sentence must be broken up to make sense. Breaking the sentence anywhere else will make it sound awkward.
gt_06_6H
gt_06_6H-1.png

XellKamikaze

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anorhc said:
Actually, XellKamikaze was asking something similar to what I have in mind. Is there a way we could gather up the koma images and make our own patch with other own koma edits? It would certainly stop people from complaining about komas we simply don't like.

Well, actually, what I mean is, when the final release is out, it would be nice if we could have two versions.

One with all the Koma pictures translated and everything else translated.

and

One with all the Koma pictures untranslated but everything else translated.

The reason I ask, is because there are some people who probably won't like the fact that the text on some Komas differ from others (mainly because the Komas have been edited by lots of different people with different font settings. For instance, someone may have bold on their text, someone might not. etc.). Also, sometimes the Japanese text looks great and it's not like reading the Komas themselves play a big role in the game.

But, I agree with you about adding our own edits so we can all be happy, but it appears that won't be possible.
frown.gif

Also, there's a problem with some of the Komas.

jj_27_2H.png
= When I try to use this, there's a thick black border around it for some reason. It may just be an issue with my own game though.

jj_30_2V.png
= When I try to use this, there's a thick green border around it.

Not that it effects playing, but I just thought you guys should know. Lol.

Anorhc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XellKamikaze said:
The reason I ask, is because there are some people who probably won't like the fact that the text on some Komas differ from others (mainly because the Komas have been edited by lots of different people with different font settings. For instance, someone may have bold on their text, someone might not. etc.).

But, I agree with you about adding our own edits so we can all be happy, but it appears that won't be possible.
frown.gif

Yeah, I would like to have some sort of consistency with the fonts styles used, but going through them all know would be troublesome. If there were a way for us to take our own time to edit all the komas and change them at our own leisure, that would be a great answer to a lot of the people who simply want to be perfectionists about it (i.e. me in some degree).

When I get home tonight, I'll fix up the komas you're having trouble with. I have a feeling that it might have to do with the color palettes involved.

Romruto

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
XellKamikaze said:
Anorhc said:
Actually, XellKamikaze was asking something similar to what I have in mind. Is there a way we could gather up the koma images and make our own patch with other own koma edits? It would certainly stop people from complaining about komas we simply don't like.

Well, actually, what I mean is, when the final release is out, it would be nice if we could have two versions.

One with all the Koma pictures translated and everything else translated.

and

One with all the Koma pictures untranslated but everything else translated.

The reason I ask, is because there are some people who probably won't like the fact that the text on some Komas differ from others (mainly because the Komas have been edited by lots of different people with different font settings. For instance, someone may have bold on their text, someone might not. etc.). Also, sometimes the Japanese text looks great and it's not like reading the Komas themselves play a big role in the game.

frown.gif

jj_27_2H.png
= When I try to use this, there's a thick black border around it for some reason. It may just be an issue with my own game though.

jj_30_2V.png

even though I;ve done many edits, I still like your idea
biggrin.gif

Anorhc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XellKamikaze said:

jj_27_2H.png

jj_30_2V.png

jj_27_2H
jj_27_2H.png

jj_30_2V
jj_30_2V.png

The problem was whoever edited these koma saved it in a wrong color palette and an incorrect PNG format. Notice the slight color differences in jj_27_2H.

Inuyashaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I've use Google Translate but i don't think it's right?at all.

hk_16_2H.png

???????????=Stinkie in their blood is what color.

ds_04_5Hdl.png

????=Walking (unchi=poo i think she said "poo walking")

kk_07_7Vdl.png

????????=I join you
????????=I have a little and waited

oj_13_2V.png

????????=With a good friend

oj_04_3ur.png

????????????=Not to lose it is.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
@Inuyashaz:

Nice try
wink.gif

Let me try my hand at this.

hk_16_2H.png

???????????
I don't think the first character is ? (de), it's probably ? (te). To my knowledge there is no Japanese word "demee," but there is a word "temee," which means "*sshole" or "motherf*cker."
???????????!!
Temeera no chi wa nani iro da!!
Literal: What color is their blood??
I'm not sure what this means unless I see what frames come before this one. I'm guessing this is an idiomatic phrase suggesting that whomever he's talking about isn't "human," whether literally or figuratively I don't know.
Connotative: Are these muthaf*ckas human??

ds_04_5Hdl.png

??????????
Osanpo uuuunchi!!
Walk, little poo-pooooo(s)!!
By the way the "u" syllable is extended, I figure that the little kid is doing the speaking. I just tried to imagine the way an American kid would say it (assuming you could even take a pet sh*t for a walk, that is). Since the Japanese language doesn't distinguish between singular and plural like we do by adding "s" to the end of a noun, the (s) in the translation is optional. It's probably safe to say the kid is talking to both poos.

kk_07_7Vdl.png

Keep in mind that Japanese manga is read from right to left, so the order is as follows:

????????
Choito mattaa
Hooold up
This is a variant of the proper "chotto matte" which means "wait a second/minute." The variant is used in casual speech and sort of carries more emphasis than the textbook form.

????????
Washi wa sanka suru zo!
I'm comin'! / I'm in! / Count me in!
"Washi" means "I/I'm/me" (depending on the sentence) but is used by middle-aged and older men.

oj_13_2V.png

????????
Ii tomo o motta na
Literal: You have (had?) a good friend
Connotative: He/she is/was a good friend
In "textbook" Japanese, the past-tense of the verb "motsu" (to have/hold) is "motta," (changing "tsu" to "tta" makes it past-tense), but using "ta" in spoken Japanese doesn't always mean that the speaker is using past tense (like in the example above with "Choito mattaa"). Again, this is one of those cases where I'd have to know the whole story to know whether the speaker is just using "ta" or if the friend in question is actually no longer a friend. I'll leave that up to the rest of you guys translating it to figure it out.

oj_04_3ur.png

????????????
Makeru wake ni wa ikan no da
I can't (mustn't) lose / I'm not gonna lose / There's no way I'm losing

Google Translate ain't got nothing on me! There's nothing like good ol' human translations!

Inuyashaz said:
I've use Google Translate but i don't think it's right?at all.

hk_16_2H.png

???????????=Stinkie in their blood is what color.

ds_04_5Hdl.png

????=Walking (unchi=poo i think she said "poo walking")

kk_07_7Vdl.png

????????=I join you
????????=I have a little and waited

oj_13_2V.png

????????=With a good friend

oj_04_3ur.png

????????????=Not to lose it is.

geunt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
wow big thanx Densetsu3000
if you want you can check the first page of this thread
i ve posted all remainig untranslated komas....so if you can help us on this it would be great

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ