Jump Force to be delisted, online services for the game to be shut down

header (4).jpg

A mere three years after its release, and Bandai Namco's Jump Force will be delisted. Early next year, digital copies of the game will be removed from all currently available platforms--PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and even the Nintendo Switch, where the game only just launched on last year. DLC and virtual currency will also no longer be able to be purchased. Jump Force originally released on February 2019, and is a crossover 3D fighting game that features characters from popular anime series, such as Dragon Ball, One Piece, My Hero Academia, and other Shonen Jump franchises.

Not only will the game be delisted, but online services will be shut down as well. While the game itself will be taken off storefronts on February 7, 2022, but the servers will stay up for a few months after, only for the plug to be pulled on August 25, 2022. This means events, the in-game store, and all online matches will be unavailable after that date.

:arrow: Source

HEADBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to wait till it got cheaper, but seeing that they never included Toriko in the roster kinda killed it for me.

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot this game existed but guess this wasn't too surprising. It was a mess from the start and I don't see anyone really caring past the jokes this serves as. Lot of delistings to remind us that nothing is safe, at least not for long.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot this game existed but guess this wasn't too surprising. It was a mess from the start and I don't see anyone really caring past the jokes this serves as. Lot of delistings to remind us that nothing is safe, at least not for long.
Playing against the bots is really boring as they spam the same attacks constantly, but versus human players it can be fun (if experienced).

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing against the bots is really boring as they spam the same attacks constantly, but versus human players it can be fun (if experienced).
That's fair, makes sense for most fighting games. I just personally haven't seen a lot of it, but I also don't like looking at the actual presentation for long.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's fair, makes sense for most fighting games. I just personally haven't seen a lot of it, but I also don't like looking at the actual presentation for long.
A lot of it sucks:
- Hub world
- Roster UI
- Story

So this game is really just well worth for hardcore fans of Dragon Ball Z, Naruto, One Piece, Saint Seiya, etc.

JF showed what Tenkaichi 4 could be on PS/Xbox and it's pretty stunning so it's up to Bandai to make it happen. There's plenty of fans that been asking for a new Tenkaichi/Raging Blast since 11 years ago.

Reactions: Tsukiru

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1