Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Holy Shit
ohnoes.png
[/size] I've watched some of Geohot's blog and youtube page & stuff
now I'm definitely not getting a PS3 NO-WAY-HO-ZAY cause then i bet there gonna block of the PS3 Store .

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
....Why?
What can having these IPs possibly achieve in your case against Hotz?
You can't establish other cases with these IPs because you'd be laughed right out of the courtroom.
This is a complete mindfuck... It doesn't make sense on why Sony would WANT this information and why the courts would just let them have the names and addresses of the thousands of people (myself included) who have accessed this site? It has no bearing on the current case.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just one of the many reasons I've privately boycotted Sony for years now. The last Sony product I've intentionally bought was the PS1. I don't buy anything with Sony's name on it these days.

I don't care if they have my IP address (I never actually went to the Geohot page, just clicked a referrer link to that video....one time), I have nothing made directly by Sony anymore and haven't for years. There may be products here that have "Sony guts", but nothing labeled as a Sony product directly. I've never repeated Sony's precious keys anywhere, nor do I ever care to (since I don't have or want a PS3), so they can't do anything to me. Oh, unless they want to start going after every person who has ever talked badly about their products.....heh.....my opinion of them still stands.

I really hope people that see what Sony is doing now will be convinced to form their own boycott against Sony. You don't need to join some FB page, just don't buy their products anymore. If no one is buying their products, they will go down real fast. I would love to see that happen to Sony too.

Aijelsop

Question Asker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That judge mustve been smoking something illegal.

So Sony knows my IP and I don't even own a PS3?! BS!

I was going to buy a second hand PS2, but I think I'll pass on Sony products. Tyvm Sony. Everyone hates you. I hope you loose business.

Go die in a hole everyone who has a part in this Sony suing
geohot crap. It's a fucking custom firmware! Do you see Nintendo complaining about USB Loaders, Hacking, Pirating games, etc? No! They will try to stop it, but they will never go as far as you have Sony.

Ziggy Zigzagoon

Trophies
XP
Country
As per my mistletoe comment, I say that when I am angry at someone.

Then again, this makes some sense.
In Shin Megami Tensei: Survivor, Beldr is immune to everything except mistletoe, which, when exploited, actually makes him the weakest of the Bels. Sony's PS3 seemed impenetrable, but, after the hackers got access to a certain way to get the private key (which essentially made the PS3 the most hacked console of this generation), they rightfully declared Sony's security "epic fail".

rauthelegendary

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
They're just trying to prove that most of the visitors are from a certain area. It's not as if Sony is going to block all those IP adresses from using PSN. That's like prosecuting someone because they watched someone murder a person in the latest episode of CSI. Just because you visited that site doesn't mean you did anything wrong.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
these comments are hilarious. everyone is posting with their fists in the air against sony and the judge and completely missing the situation.

the judge didn't "grant" sony access to this stuff...

geohot's defense and sony reached an agreement on providing the info from geo's personal accounts. the judge merely signed at the dotted line.

geohot's defense wouldn't have agreed to this if they didn't think it would help his case. they're more concerned about protecting their client then they are a bunch of pirates.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Old8oy said:
these comments are hilarious. everyone is posting with their fists in the air against sony and the judge and completely missing the situation.

geohot's defense and sony reached an agreement on providing the info from geo's personal accounts. the judge merely signed at the dotted line.

geohot's defense wouldn't have agreed to this if they didn't think it would help his case. they're more concerned about protecting their client then they are a bunch of pirates.
Your comment is the hilarious one

Only a few comments are made against the judge (Ive commented as well on the judge) but most of it is because of the sheer fact that Sony is allowed to have those IP's regardless of the who authorized it

And reaching an agreement can very well be "Give us the info and we wont sue your family and friends.. kthxbai"

gumgod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is double plus not good.

It's a reference to 1984 not poor grammar. Don't be a grammar nazi

I don't think I watched his videos, but I'm pretty sure I've been on his site. It was a interesting read. I don't even own a PS3. I don't want to be inconvenienced by this trial simply because I use the internet. I sense thought crime detection in progress.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GundamXXX said:
Old8oy said:

Your comment is the hilarious one

Only a few comments are made against the judge (Ive commented as well on the judge) but most of it is because of the sheer fact that Sony is allowed to have those IP's regardless of the who authorized it

And reaching an agreement can very well be "Give us the info and we wont sue your family and friends.. kthxbai"

if this was the case then why didn't they agree to provide geo's paypal activity? it was requested by sony.

...and really? out of the 16 pages of this thread only a "few" comments are against the judge?

IP addresses don't mean shit if the ISP protects your information like most do. All you get really get from an IP is the geographical location of the service provider which is in line with the reason sony gave for requesting that info. Geohot has had access to that info through this whole thing...Sony wants the trial to take place in San Fran...Geo's lawyers know wtf they're doing.

bottom line is...this really concerns none of us. it's illegal for Sony to use the info given for any purpose aside from what was specifically requested.

Ziggy Zigzagoon

Trophies
XP
Country
gumgod said:
This is double plus not good.
I get the reference. I was thinking of that book when I was reading this thread!

...but seriously, after reading more of the thread, I wonder...
If the IPs are going to be used to prove Sony's case, then how can I make Sony lose?

P.S. I hope this does not go the same route of Thomas B. Manton. *shadow aura raises*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0