• Views 1,178,096
  • Replies 8,959

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright folks, Mr Grumpy mod is back. Some order needs to be regained in this thread as the same questions and posts are filling it to the point it's making it hard for those looking for information to read.

Any posts saying "Can someone make a patch for X cart" will be removed. A patch for your cart will come when it comes. There will be no explanation, you'll simply find them gone.

Any posts not directly related to the game, help with the game, it's copy protection, helping someone to fix said copy protection or asking for help applying said fix will be removed. There will be no explanation, you'll simply find them gone.

It's already known which carts it works on, which carts it doesn't work, which carts the patch makes it run fine on, which carts don't load the game up. We don't need endless amounts of posts saying "It doesn't work on the DSTT" and "It doesn't work on the R4i". We already know. If you really feel like you need to post the info cos you think you have info that 100 people haven't already posted then post it in here : http://gbatemp.net/t255029-pokemon-bw-anti...problems-thread

There is a seperate thread for reporting that the current patches work on your cart here : http://gbatemp.net/t255095-official-ap-pat...black-and-white
So there is no need to fill this thread with said posts. Any made WILL be removed.

ANY rom links being posted will result in a 7 day suspension.

ANY trolling will result in a 24 hour suspension.

More will probably be added to the list, but this should help keep the spam down and help the thread become more readable again. Remember, you're not the only ones using the forum, spare some thought for those coming here looking to discuss the game.

RyouChan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely LOVING the great variety of Pokemon you can capture within the first few routes. By route 3 most people can probably form a full team.

At first I was a little disappointed due to only seeing the same two things over and over on route 1.. but it got better fast!

Frip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For all of you trying to figure out how to get the liberty ticket:

http://www.pokemon-sp.jp/support-sp/uketori.html

ffs I don't even know how it took me so long to find it :|
/e but now it's VICTINI TIME
biggrin.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Brian10122 said:
@ TD - Why was my post deleted? I still don't know what's wrong with my DeSMUmE and why it won't unpause..

I don't remember deleting your post. It must have been caught up in a clean up crossfire, my apologies. It's the problem when trying to clean up such a spam filled fast moving thread, innocent posts are lost. Again, my apologies and go ahead and repost it. But do me a favour. Go back and edit your last post to say it to save filling the thread up further.
smile.gif

pikajens

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just downloaded the game with the experience patch.

However when I switch during a battle, and defeat the pokemon, the exp is not always equal.
An example

I had a lvl 4 Yooteri vs. a wild lvl4 Minezumi
I switched to my lvl 9 Mijumaru

When the Minezumi was defeated Mijumaru gained 11xp points while Yooteri gained 21 exp points. I didn't have xp share in my possession

Anyone else experiencing this?

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pikajens said:

However when I switch during a battle, and defeat the pokemon, the exp is not always equal.
An example

When the Minezumi was defeated Mijumaru gained 11xp points while Yooteri gained 21 exp points. I didn't have xp share in my possession

One of them is getting "boosted" experience. It occurred in prior games too.

Night_Jesus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pikajens said:

An example

Mijumaru's level is higher than Minezumi, so i think its normal
tongue.gif

btw my Desmume (0.9.4 x86) doesnt allow me to run the game, it keeps freezing, why? any solutions?
Gotta use the emulator while people are fixing for the R4 SDHC i have >.>

Durianzw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I enter the dream world? Is it after when you defeat the grunts kicking the munna? I cant understand the options at the bed place..

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omfg, I ALSO JUST realized that it's harder to level up now! The Gym Leaders are also harder now! The Gym Leaders' Pokémons' Levels are equal to that of my starter Pokémon.

._.

I also picked Pokabu when I was supposed to pick Tsutarja. I love Fire Starters that much :l

Flaming_printer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pikajens said:

An example

That is normal for Pokemon games. Yooteri was weaker, thus it got more experience, because it fought a stronger Pokemon. However, Mijumaru was a higher level and thus got less experience. They will always share experience unless the previous Pokemon fainted.

skweebl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's odd. From what I can tell, the amount of experience gained from fainting a Pokemon is now affected by the difference in levels between the Poke fainted and the Poke receiving the experience. It makes it a little harder if you like to overlevel, but on the other hand, catching my lowbies up is a little easier.

Also, slight spoiler:

Dick move, Nintendo... Forcing us to fight with a type disadvantage on the first gym!? I can't even remember the last time I had such a difficult time with a gym. This may be shaping up into a very challenging Pokemon game.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skweebl said:
Also, slight spoiler:

Dick move, Nintendo... Forcing us to fight with a type disadvantage on the first gym!? I can't even remember the last time I had such a difficult time with a gym. This may be shaping up into a very challenging Pokemon game.

My first loss so far is the First Gym because I was unprepared and didn't know that they would have Fire, Grass, and Water Pokémon...I usually wouldn't have my first loss close to the beginning of the game.
frown.gif

Durianzw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skweebl said:
It's odd. From what I can tell, the amount of experience gained from fainting a Pokemon is now affected by the difference in levels between the Poke fainted and the Poke receiving the experience. It makes it a little harder if you like to overlevel, but on the other hand, catching my lowbies up is a little easier.

Also, slight spoiler:

that was actually easy if u got the monkey first o.o
[

Flaming_printer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skweebl said:

Also, slight spoiler:

As far as I knew that was never a new thing. I always had that happen to me ever since Red and Blue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn