Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Belle is guaranteed to murder your asses, just look at the levels of her Pokemon. Hopefully Pokesav will come soon so when I get there, I'll be prepared.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Shoat said:
nebula91 said:
darkreaperofdreams said:
i troll'd
but then i serious'd
Pokabu all the way!

Nuuuuu, Mijumaru all the way!!
happy.gif

Smuglord cannot be defeated. Surrender now.
You mean Smugprincess right? lol

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I hate to keep posting this but it does seem to help keep the thread calm and on track.
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Another reminder of what I posted a few pages back.

Anyone caught trolling, requesting rom links or posting rom links (fake or not) in this thread today will receive a 24 hr suspension.

Anyone claiming to have a rom will from now have to send me a copy to verify it otherwise I will consider it trolling. I'm willing to waiver the "no links" rule just so you can PM me the link to prove it. This means don't mention it in the thread AT ALL until you've confirmed it with me via PM. Doing so WILL result in a 24 hr suspension.

Addendum : Any posts that are just asking if it's been dumped yet will be unceremoniously removed.

Addendum 2 : Any posts from anyone who isn't well known in the scene talking about dumping the rom will be removed as well.

Keep the thread on topic. It's been reasonably nice the last hour or so.

Do99ey!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KHNA said:
have you guys seen the update on serebii? about the E4. (after)
# 00:08; New character at the end; Zekrom Lv. 52, Gigigear Lv. 50, Zoroark Lv. 50, Abagoora Lv. 50, Aakeosu Lv. 50 & Baibanira Lv. 50. Awaiting confirmation on this
# 00:12; Another one at the end; Desukan, Baffuron, Shibirudon, Kirikizan, Gamageroge, all at Lv. 52& Sazandora at Lv. 54

That sounds interesting, like a second set of gym leaders (assuming you have to battle them). I'm starting to like this game more and more!

Drazuul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, everyone was talking about how there is no change in the story of the games in each generation, that all you do is travel, beat 8 gym leaders, beat the Elite Four and the Champion to become the new Champion... has anyone considered what if the Champion's pokemon are 15 levels higher for a reason? Maybe they did change it, we're supposed to get whomped on by a REAL pokemon master and go home crying to mama.

Nintendo is just trying to prepare kids for the reality of life, that no matter what you set out to do, you fail
laugh.gif

Seriously though, that Champion is gonna be a pain...

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Aerow said:
When do the previous gen Pokemons come in again?

Once you beat the game, and in "Dream World" which is an internet thing, I believe. It's because this is based in a new country (highly believed as Shanghai/China) and the other regions were in Japan.

Shoat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Giga_Gaia said:
Shoat said:
Greatforce said:
Guess i am the only 1 who thinks the Elite Four is crap

Not particularily crap. It's a bit unusual that all of their pokemon are exactly on the same level without any variations inbetween them, but that's not really bad.

What is bad though is that there's a 15 level difference between the elite 4 and the champ.

Which means, that at the point where the elite 4 are a challenging, but manageable fight, you will get absolutely DESTROYED by the champ.

And if you grind your level up to the point where you can defeat the champ, the elite 4 will be a joke and not enjoyable anymore, you'll just stomp every one of them without any issues.

Take the fire starter and only use it through the entire game. You can beat the elite 4 and champion that way all the time. Not gonna change just because the champion got 15 levels.

I tried it out on some other playthrough (no idea if it was firered or diamond), and it's pretty much the easy way out.
In fact it's way too easy. To a point where the game bored me.
I'm sure that's not the way the game was supposed to be beaten.

I always have 2-4 different pokes I use throughout the game.
And I'll also certainly not pick the Fire Starter this time because Fire/Fighting pisses me off. I hated Infernape's guts. Plus I really like Smuglord.

Anyway, my point here is:
The Elite4->Champ level difference is a big problem for people who play the game the way it's supposed to be played.

Aerow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian10122 said:
Aerow said:

Once you beat the game, and in "Dream World" which is an internet thing, I believe. It's because this is based in a new country (highly believed as Shanghai/China) and the other regions were in Japan.
Oh, so the dream world is like a new region?

yamizace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian10122 said:
Aerow said:

Dude its based off of NYC. Keep up with the news.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I doubt it's a lock like the one on the SD cause then the console wouldn't be able to read the game either. Must be a change in hardware like pokemon HGSS had with the savegames in the way data is transmitted. All dump tools use a very simple technique of reading all addreses, it's possible that changes were made in the hardware so that acquiring the data is done differently. The DS itself doesn't run into trouble because it loads all these instructions needed to access data properly and then runs them. A dump tool can't run code, it just reads like a moron. This also raises serious questions as to how something formatted in this way can be made to run the traditional way on a flashcart. But I've also yet to be convinced that there exists such an issue with BW.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shoat said:
Giga_Gaia said:
Shoat said:
Greatforce said:
Guess i am the only 1 who thinks the Elite Four is crap

Not particularily crap. It's a bit unusual that all of their pokemon are exactly on the same level without any variations inbetween them, but that's not really bad.

What is bad though is that there's a 15 level difference between the elite 4 and the champ.

Which means, that at the point where the elite 4 are a challenging, but manageable fight, you will get absolutely DESTROYED by the champ.

And if you grind your level up to the point where you can defeat the champ, the elite 4 will be a joke and not enjoyable anymore, you'll just stomp every one of them without any issues.

Take the fire starter and only use it through the entire game. You can beat the elite 4 and champion that way all the time. Not gonna change just because the champion got 15 levels.

I tried it out on some other playthrough (no idea if it was firered or diamond), and it's pretty much the easy way out.
In fact it's way too easy. To a point where the game bored me.
I'm sure that's not the way the game was supposed to be beaten.

I always have 2-4 different pokes I use throughout the game.
And I'll also certainly not pick the Fire Starter this time because Fire/Fighting pisses me off. I hated Infernape's guts. Plus I really like Smuglord.

Anyway, my point here is:
The Elite4->Champ level difference is a big problem for people who play the game the way it's supposed to be played.

You say it's not the way to play the game. Well, you're wrong. There is no definite way to play the game, it can be done in any way.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Searinox said:
I doubt it's a lock like the one on the SD cause then the console wouldn't be able to read the game either. Must be a change in hardware like pokemon HGSS had with the savegames in the way data is transmitted. All dump tools use a very simple technique of reading all addreses, it's possible that changes were made in the hardware so that acquiring the data is done differently. The DS itself doesn't run into trouble because it loads all these instructions needed to access data properly and then runs them. A dump tool can't run code, it just reads like a moron. This also raises serious questions as to how something formatted in this way can be made to run the traditional way on a flashcart. But I've also yet to be convinced that there exists such an issue with BW.

lol I just said pretty much the exact same thing in a PM to him after removing the post!

Kyuremu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Aerow said:
Brian10122 said:
Aerow said:

Oh, so the dream world is like a new region?

No dream world is a place you upload one of your pokemon on the internet to play around and grow berries. Yes there are no berries in Isshu its only in the dream world online

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
yamizace said:
Brian10122 said:
Aerow said:

Dude its based off of NYC. Keep up with the news.

Well, you don't know that =\. It looks a lot more like Shanghai to me.

Greatforce

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am guessing that the Dream world is only available on a real cartridge ( So not on flashcards ) just like downloaded games wont go online

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy