Gaming JPCSP fps

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to get JPCSP to run well. Right now I can only get about 11 fps per game. I have tried all the configuration options with almost no change, (maybe 3 fps more). I have an i5 processor with an Intel  HD graphics chip. I know the Intel sucks, but I would think I could get more speed out of the emulator. I can run SF IV at full speed with a few tweaks.

The thing I don't understand is that there are people running Pentium II processors and getting playable speeds. I would think with mine, I should see better results.

I have also tried various revisions including the newest and get no speed difference.

...And sorry if this is not the right section for this question, but I am assuming since it is being run on my PC, this would be the place.

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone knows how to get this emulator running at decent speeds with my setup, can you let me know? I have tried to ask on the JPCSP site, but the site is having issues. I can't register for some reason. It won't activate my account.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Actually Intel's processors at the top end beat AMDs.
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html
Anybody telling you AMD beats out Intel is a fanboy, as you can check any sort of performance benchmark over the past few years (since the Core 2 line) and see that Intel's always had the performance crown.

That said, I extremely doubt that people are running P2s and getting playable speeds, as that's a processor from the windows 95 era. Perhaps you're mixing up some other processor, did you mean Core 2 Duo?

As for your performance issue, check the task manager's performance tab, is the CPU usage at 100% while the emulator is running?

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Actually Intel's processors at the top end beat AMDs.
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html
Anybody telling you AMD beats out Intel is a fanboy, as you can check any sort of performance benchmark over the past few years (since the Core 2 line) and see that Intel's always had the performance crown.

That said, I extremely doubt that people are running P2s and getting playable speeds, as that's a processor from the windows 95 era. Perhaps you're mixing up some other processor, did you mean Core 2 Duo?

As for your performance issue, check the task manager's performance tab, is the CPU usage at 100% while the emulator is running?

No didn't mix up the processors and people's claims. Maybe them just f'n around to piss people off. I don't know.

I checked CPU and it is at 30% all the time during emulator operation. My fan doesn't even kick on, ever. This is a notebook that I am using with the integrated Intel HD to clarify more. I can run GTA San Andreas at full speed with this laptop too.

Thanks for answering Rydian. Been messing with this thing for hours on end with no change to fps. Kind of starting to wonder if this may be an openGL problem.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
They may be using a 'Pentium Dual-Core", which is the rebranding of the Core 2 line for laptops.

Considering that emulation in general is CPU-dependent I'm thinking it's some sort of graphical error as well, as it should be stressing the processor way before anything else. Unfortunately I think the site is your best bet for help, unless other people here run this emulator.

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
They may be using a 'Pentium Dual-Core", which is the rebranding of the Core 2 line for laptops.

Considering that emulation in general is CPU-dependent I'm thinking it's some sort of graphical error as well, as it should be stressing the processor way before anything else. Unfortunately I think the site is your best bet for help, unless other people here run this emulator.

Any ideas where I can find info on OpenGL and my Intel HD integrated GPU? I have searched online forever now and nobody just lays down what the issues are, patches, or compatibility. There is a crapload of useless info out there of course. Intel's site gives generic info about all their GPUs basically. There support sucks, and they rarely update IMO.

Anyone have this emulator working at decent speeds? Any additional software needed or something I am missing?

I know, the JPCSP site would be better, but the mods won't set up my account. I have tried for a couple days. There has to be someone using JPCSP on this site.

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright got a little more speed, but only at intros and start menus. Once it gets into actual gameplay, I get down to very low fps. I completely removed all Java from program list and then re-installed. It looks like an older version of Java was left behind and it was competing with the new update.

Still trying to get at least to playable.

D

Deleted User

PSP emulation is still very infantile, google for a JPCSP compatibility list and look at the games. Most of the good games don't boot up. To be honest if you want to play PSP games you should just buy cheap, used PSP and install Custom Firmware on it and run your ISO's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-