Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hudson gave more details about a WiiWare Karaoke game being made.
The game will be available at WiiWare and on a disc format which will come bundled with a USB Microphone, Hudson plans to sell the microphone separately for those who buys the WiiWare game. The company hopes to have 20,000 songs on the start of the service and more songs will be available for purchase through the Internet.
The game is expected to be released on summer in Japan.

source: http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/863/863040p1.html

I'm not really interested in this but seeing how "casual" games sell on the Wii.. this thing will print money
tongue.gif

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm interested in this as they're going to have +20,000 songs available for download...I want to know where the hell are you supposed to put them after you pay for them.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It will probably work like that Vodaphone music deal ... they claim to have 1,000,000 + songs available, but you don't download them, you stream them.

You will probably pay for the game (download or disc), then be allowed access to X amount of songs, streaming from their servers, and when new content becomes available, they will make you pay a one-off charge to access the new content areas ... and so on, for each new block of tracks.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thebobevil said:
It will probably work like that Vodaphone music deal ... they claim to have 1,000,000 + songs available, but you don't download them, you stream them.

You will probably pay for the game (download or disc), then be allowed access to X amount of songs, streaming from their servers, and when new content becomes available, they will make you pay a one-off charge to access the new content areas ... and so on, for each new block of tracks.
QUOTE(Vater Unser @ Mar 29 2008, 03:52 PM) I doubt that'll actually be a "game" if there's 20,000 songs available...more like a virtual karaoke machine

Those put together are probably what it's going to be. A virtual karaoke machine, not a game, and they'll likely stream from a server. That's the only way this can make sense the way I sees it anyways.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
No no, you if I understood it right, you buy the game for wiiware, then you have access to their catalog of +20,000 songs, and they're actually going to do a monthly fee system, you pay your monthly fee and you'll have access to the +20,000 songs, at least that's the last thing I read.

Sounds interesting, and yes, if it works that thing is gonna print money too.

Bruinbaard

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I know I will not pay every month for some shitty karaoke game, are they crazy?
They should atleast deliver like 40 songs with the game.
Else It's like you bought the game but there are no freakin songs on it. And lots of kids who will not pay a monthly fee

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill