JOYSOUND - Wii Karaoke Game

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by CockroachMan, Mar 29, 2008.

Mar 29, 2008
  1. CockroachMan
    OP

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Hudson gave more details about a WiiWare Karaoke game being made.
    The game will be available at WiiWare and on a disc format which will come bundled with a USB Microphone, Hudson plans to sell the microphone separately for those who buys the WiiWare game. The company hopes to have 20,000 songs on the start of the service and more songs will be available for purchase through the Internet.
    The game is expected to be released on summer in Japan.

source: http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/863/863040p1.html

I'm not really interested in this but seeing how "casual" games sell on the Wii.. this thing will print money [​IMG]

2. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    I'm interested in this as they're going to have +20,000 songs available for download...I want to know where the hell are you supposed to put them after you pay for them.

3. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    It will probably work like that Vodaphone music deal ... they claim to have 1,000,000 + songs available, but you don't download them, you stream them.

You will probably pay for the game (download or disc), then be allowed access to X amount of songs, streaming from their servers, and when new content becomes available, they will make you pay a one-off charge to access the new content areas ... and so on, for each new block of tracks.

4. Vater Unser

Member Vater Unser GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    I doubt that'll actually be a "game" if there's 20,000 songs available...more like a virtual karaoke machine

5. Spikey

Member Spikey Your Special Someone

United States
    Those put together are probably what it's going to be. A virtual karaoke machine, not a game, and they'll likely stream from a server. That's the only way this can make sense the way I sees it anyways.

6. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    No no, you if I understood it right, you buy the game for wiiware, then you have access to their catalog of +20,000 songs, and they're actually going to do a monthly fee system, you pay your monthly fee and you'll have access to the +20,000 songs, at least that's the last thing I read.

Sounds interesting, and yes, if it works that thing is gonna print money too.

7. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    hmmm subscription karaoke?

Then it would work exactly like Vodafone's system, where you pay a small fee every month to access their song library.

8. Bruinbaard

Member Bruinbaard GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Well I know I will not pay every month for some shitty karaoke game, are they crazy?
    They should atleast deliver like 40 songs with the game.
    Else It's like you bought the game but there are no freakin songs on it. And lots of kids who will not pay a monthly fee