7llusion

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
So here's my problem, I have a Japanese rom(Pokemon Diamond) and would like to translate the main text(attacks+names+menus) into French(and maybe English but it will get released the 22nd April) as it is coming out in late 2007(autumn/winter).
So I have dslazy and unpacked all the files and I'm left with the files that I'd like to translate(ex: msg.narc) but if I open them with a hex/text editor, no Japanese font at all shows up
frown.gif
Can anyone tell me what other way/program I should use to be able to do this? I know this is possible since FF3 was translated.
Illusion

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Try opening them with a Japanese text editor, such as JWPce. If nothing shows up then, there's two possible scenarios - either the text isn't encoded in something standard like SJIS (in which case you'll have to make a table file, see some of the docs here) or it's compressed, in which case you'd probably need more experience than you've got.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Theres no way a newbie to hacking can crack Pokemon diamond/pearl's file format when more advanced rom hackers couldn't so i'd give up now as theres currently no known way to change text in either game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Used it as a web cam for a day for fun, sooo shitty it was hilarious