ROM Hack Japanese Pokemon Platinum SAV compatability with ENGLISH Platinum ROMS

shadow_55

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard that the japanese sav files of pokemon D/P worked with the english D/P roms ,now, are there possiblities that it will work for platinum too?(japanese platinum sav files to english platinum rom)

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd assume it'll work to some degree.

AFAIK moving the save file between different region D&P carts, allowed you to get around the region lock certain features used. Like connecting with Battle Revolution.

shadow_55

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there is a 50/ 50% chance that the japanese sav will work with the english version?

I have another question: dO I need a program to make a japanese D/P SAV to work with the english version, or it will just eventually work?

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
This is what I did with my sav:

1.- Copy the sav to the BATTERY folder (using NO$GBA)
2.- Then, copy the rom and play it with NO$GBA (the rom and the sav must have the same name, except for the extension)
3.- If you can play your save, then search for a sav converter for NDS (just google it)
4.- In the page, choose original sav type: NO$GBA and new save type: your flash

Follow those steps and then drag and drop your sav into your flash and name it with the same name of your foreing rom

yaynds.gif

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I jump versions with other roms all the time on the same sav, so it should work fine.

you can even jump from Pearl to Diamond- not platium though, it also works with R/S, LG/FR, etc. but no emerald.

pieman202

Trophies
XP
Country
well from wat i've heard and from my own experience jap saves have worked with other regions versions without any program or converter

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Or you could open the save file up in Pokésav (Platinum version (still 0.06d, but whatever)), open up another Pokésav, and edit it so it's exactly the same. Don't know if it will work, I think it will.

SCVgeo

Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Berthenk said:
Or you could open the save file up in Pokésav (Platinum version (still 0.06d, but whatever)), open up another Pokésav, and edit it so it's exactly the same. Don't know if it will work, I think it will.
Maybe if it wasn't as easy as renaming the save people could try this. But even then its not a good idea.
Pokesav does not allow you to edit all the event flags that you set as you go through the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan