• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Japan Court Rules That a Bar on Same-Sex Marriage is Unconstitutional

• Thread starter MDP
  • Start date
  • Views 8,243
  • Replies 133
  • Likes 2

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's a foreign culture on the other side of the world. This is their business to determine as they see fit without us passing judgment on how they do it, one way or the other.
The pressure presented by the G7 and international businesses/investors make it feel disingenuous/inorganic. A pressure to a sexual/gender conformity?

I think the nuance that's being tread is whether it is discrimination. Two straight males can't get married, so two gay males can't either, so therefore it's not discriminating.

It is suggested by one of the references that not only calling the law protecting marriage discriminating different from the lack of a law granting same-gender union, but the lack of that law is the real issue.

Last edited by tabzer,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's literally just a "mind your own goddamn business" law, it changes nothing whatsoever for straight people. Yet some will keep digging for excuses to act offended anyway.

I don't understand how this is in relation to what I said.

• Haha
Reactions: Xzi

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Two straight males can't get married, so two gay males can't either, so therefore it's not discriminating.

What? The mental gymnastics here, my god. Nonetheless is discriminating for both. No one said that love and sexuality have to coincide. If you love another man even though you are not sexually attracted to him, I don't se why you shouldn't be able to marry. Straight male-female couples have been doing it for milenia :rofl2:

You're restricting a civil right based on sex, it's by definition a discrimination.

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The world gets slightly better.
Conservatives for literally no reason, “I hate that.”
Why do they hate it anyway? Don't they realize that they also benefit from greater freedom in the long run. Seriously no one benefits from a homophobic, transphobic world, it inevitably hurts all parties involved. It's a much better world where we all accept each other.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why do they hate it anyway? Don't they realize that they also benefit from greater freedom in the long run. Seriously no one benefits from a homophobic, transphobic world, it inevitably hurts all parties involved. It's a much better world where we all accept each other.
I agree with that, after all we're just people. Can everybody just accept us all for who we are for once.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I agree with that, after all we're just people. Can everybody just accept us all for who we are for once.
No, this will never happen. People have varied views on life and you can't force people to have the same view just because you want them to. Millions if not billions of people in this world find your lifestyle disgusting and abnormal and that your society has become degenerative. In a few countries you would be put death or sentenced to prison time. You will never convince eveyone to accept you as to them you violate the laws of nature and the laws of their God.

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
No, this will never happen. People have varied views on life and you can't force people to have the same view just because you want them to. Millions if not billions of people in this world find your lifestyle disgusting and abnormal and that your society has become degenerative. In a few countries you would be put death or sentenced to prison time. You will never convince eveyone to accept you as to them you violate the laws of nature and the laws of their God.
Have a different view then, all I ask for is respect and common decency, and to not be asked or coerced into invasive surgery to correct my documents or change my name if desired.

Equal for everyone are important. If you think people should be so heavily discriminated just for being different that is absolutely not right. Also just to maybe help wake you up, in a world with the kind of phobic laws you might want, you would very likely face similar consequences to people like me. All it would take would be to anger the wrong person in power.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Have a different view then, all I ask for is respect and common decency, and to not be asked or coerced into invasive surgery to correct my documents or change my name if desired.

Equal for everyone are important. If you think people should be so heavily discriminated just for being different that is absolutely not right. Also just to maybe help wake you up, in a world with the kind of phobic laws you might want, you would very likely face similar consequences to people like me. All it would take would be to anger the wrong person in power.
No need to make this about me dude, I couldn't care less if you identify as a hedgehog or a broom stick. My post stipultes what a huge amount of the earths popultion thinks and how they see your behaviour. You can't force them to change their views no matter how much you dislike them.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
No need to make this about me dude, I couldn't care less if you identify as a hedgehog or a broom stick. My post stipultes what a huge amount of the earths popultion thinks and how they see your behaviour. You can't force them to change their views no matter how much you dislike them.
And yet animosity against homosexuality was brought to Japan due to Russian and western influence in the XIX century.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
And yet animosity against homosexuality was brought to Japan due to Russian and western influence in the XIX century.
We live in a world now where you can travel to the other side in a day. Communications are near instant and every part of the world from the North Pole to the South pole can communicate via satellite phones, everywhere is now pretty much mapped and most cultures are known about.

When you have one culture coming into contact with another and then trying to force their belief system onto them do you think that those people are just going to accept that or do you think they are going to say "No thanks, that's not how my culture works"?

Many see the culture in USA as degenerative, you have kids that don't respect adults, criminals not being held to account or crimes being investigated, a two tier justice system that dishes out law based on politics, the CIA and FBI now corrupted and weaponised. You have people identifying as "whatever" they want. You politicians are corrupt, your country bullies other countries. You borders are being overrun, you have people shitting in the streets, regular mass shootings, cartels and your own governmet dealing in people trafficking. A drugs epidemic, a high percentage of the population with mental issues, a huge amount of the population have morbid obesity and are lazy and there's a whole host of other things that people in other countries see and just don't want any part of and they don't want any of that degenerative behaviour to come to their countries.

The USA has had a good impact on the world - but the things that made America great ended about 50 years ago, now other countries are not so impressed with what they see coming out of the USA, the corruption and greed of your politicians, your Massive debt (the worlds highest) and the silly wokeness will casue the end of the USA as it was and it's now a doomed country. By the time kids today reach pension age China will have become the No1 super power, it's Allies such as Russia and many others will be dictating the rules and I have no doubt the hard times ahead for the west will put an end to the silly wokeness and life for all will have changed forever as these countries will be controlling your money, your food, your tech and will be telling you how to live. If you think you live in the land of the free, thing again - there's nothing free about your land. You are controlled, documented and taxed from the day you are born until the day you die, and even then you're taxed and the govenment have a say on what happens to your corpse. I am not so sure that a nation full of gays and transvetites is going to stop another country from eventually taking you over.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
We live in a world now where you can travel to the other side in a day. Communications are near instant and every part of the world from the North Pole to the South pole can communicate via satellite phones, everywhere is now pretty much mapped and most cultures are known about.

When you have one culture coming into contact with another and then trying to force their belief system onto them do you think that those people are just going to accept that or do you think they are going to say "No thanks, that's not how my culture works"?

Many see the culture in USA as degenerative, you have kids that don't respect adults, criminals not being held to account or crimes being investigated, a two tier justice system that dishes out law based on politics, the CIA and FBI now corrupted and weaponised. You have people identifying as "whatever" they want. You politicians are corrupt, your country bullies other countries. You borders are being overrun, you have people shitting in the streets, regular mass shootings, cartels and your own governmet dealing in people trafficking. A drugs epidemic, a high percentage of the population with mental issues, a huge amount of the population have morbid obesity and are lazy and there's a whole host of other things that people in other countries see and just don't want any part of and they don't want any of that degenerative behaviour to come to their countries.

The USA has had a good impact on the world - but the things that made America great ended about 50 years ago, now other countries are not so impressed with what they see coming out of the USA, the corruption and greed of your politicians, your Massive debt (the worlds highest) and the silly wokeness will casue the end of the USA as it was and it's now a doomed country. By the time kids today reach pension age China will have become the No1 super power, it's Allies such as Russia and many others will be dictating the rules and I have no doubt the hard times ahead for the west will put an end to the silly wokeness and life for all will have changed forever as these countries will be controlling your money, your food, your tech and will be telling you how to live. If you think you live in the land of the free, thing again - there's nothing free about your land. You are controlled, documented and taxed from the day you are born until the day you die, and even then you're taxed and the govenment have a say on what happens to your corpse. I am not so sure that a nation full of gays and transvetites is going to stop another country from eventually taking you over.
First of all, I'm not American, second 50 years ago the US was in Vietnam because they didn't like their political ideology to rule their own country. You say things are worse today because instead of doing that, the US (as if it was alone) exporting today ideals of civil rights is worse today?

Also 54 years ago was the summer of 69, talk about elder respect. And that was the best thing about that time, a true cultural revolution.

Either way, a few history books would do you good, but most importantly, a bit of reflection.

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Either way, a few history books would do you good, but most importantly, a bit of reflection.
He can't self reflect because that would mean caring about what a dude thinks, and that's gay as fuck.

I love the nightly swordfights I and my husband have.
Japan court can't prevent it :')
Good news then, the court ruled you may do that legally. It's the government that wants to prohibit it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright