J-Stars Victory VS+ Announced for North America and Europe

GameWinner

Take your heart
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Alright, this is a shock. Namco Bandai of America is actually localizing a Shounen Jump fighting game. Yeah, you heard right. Very shocking indeed. Also new, it's coming to PS4 which is new since the original Japanese release was PS3 and PSVita exclusive.​

Yes. You can get excited. It’s official. The 2v2 brawler that features an insane roster filled with Shonen Jump’s manga stars, J-Stars Victory VS+, is coming to the Americas and will be hitting PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, AND for the first time ever, PlayStation 4. Also, with the first release outside of Japan, J-Stars will have an additional “Arcade Mode” coming with it’s Western debut. Check out the teaser trailer and stay tuned for more information!

They shouldn't have trouble localizing that Digimon Vita game now!
..Right?

:arrow: Source

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
And Europe, too.

The most famous manga stars are ready to fight in Europe on PS4! J-STARS Victory Vs+ is coming on PS3, PS4 and PS Vita with an incredible roster of characters, epic battles, stunning graphics on PS4 and a brand new Arcade Mode! Get ready to jump in 2vs2 battles staring historic protagonists from famous places like Planet Namek, Alabasta, Leaf Village and more! The Jump World is waiting for you: this is the game for every Manga Fans!

https://www.facebook.com/bandainamcogames.europe?ref=stream

This was a game I used to want to have an international release but now I couldn't care less what it happens to it since it's been so long.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DAMMIT
I just ran to post this :cry:

Awesome news either way, I remember having the totally legal translated patch of Jump ultimate vs on DS or whatever it was called, so I'll absolutely pick up the vita version of this game when t comes out. Gotta love fighting on the go, especially with my favorite weab friends >_>

Cygen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
color me surprised. I always thought such multi franchise Crossovers have no chance to ever get an oversea release. It's just sad that this does not mean that we may also get Super Robot Taisen/Wars games officially translated in the future.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
color me surprised. I always thought such multi franchise Crossovers have no chance to ever get an oversea release. It's just sad that this does not mean that we may also get Super Robot Taisen/Wars games officially translated in the future.

It could easily get butchered in terms of roster honestly. They probably pulled some strings for it but I don't expect every character to get in.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I think I want that game either way!

I've been put off from importing Battle Stadium D.O.N for PS2 because it's region locked and the NGC due to being pricey for a game that lasts 5-10mins though I'd play every now and then.

If Bandai released Battle Stadium D.O.N on the Virtual Console of Wii U I'd definitely buy it and with online play? OMG that'd be freaking awesome! It'd be Super Smash Bros. with Goku, Naruto and Luffy!

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
It could easily get butchered in terms of roster honestly. They probably pulled some strings for it but I don't expect every character to get in.
I'm doubting that the roster is going to get an axe taken to it. They know the game won't sell if it's nothing more than a crippled version of the Japanese game. You don't take a game that will already have relatively niche western appeal, then do absolutely anything to it after promising a localization. Bamco is dumb, but they aren't that dumb.

One can only hope that they've spent these past nine months hashing out the rights issues to get the game overseas. It's been quite a bit of time since the first game as well, over eight years time, so there's no saying that rights haven't changed hands to a degree that localizing a game like this has actually become a lot easier.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been put off from importing Battle Stadium D.O.N for PS2 because it's region locked and the NGC due to being pricey for a game that lasts 5-10mins though I'd play every now and then.

If Bandai released Battle Stadium D.O.N on the Virtual Console of Wii U I'd definitely buy it and with online play? OMG that'd be freaking awesome! It'd be Super Smash Bros. with Goku, Naruto and Luffy!
But that will never happen because Nintendo hates the wiiu's Virtual console

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
But that will never happen because Nintendo hates the wiiu's Virtual console

You have a point there, their Wii U VC is very lackluster and they don't even have a VC-64 (I want to play Mario 64 with the Pro Controller, Nintendo!) or VC-NGC despite that they made a GameCube adapter.

It could be released as an eShop/PSN/XBL digital game, though.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have a point there, their Wii U VC is very lackluster and they don't even have a VC-64 (I want to play Mario 64 with the Pro Controller, Nintendo!) or VC-NGC despite that they made a GameCube adapter.

It could be released as an eShop/PSN/XBL digital game, though.
The fact their is no n64 vc on the Wii u two years in is retarded (hell the Wii had it).
Second if it was released on psn/xbl it wouldn't sell enough units and no more sequals or remakes for NA (cough darkstalkers 4)

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why does this look like it plays just like naruto ultimate ninja storm and dbz battle of z just with a bunch of anime characters?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show