Homebrew I've successfully hacked my 3DS, but I have newbie questions regarding future updates.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So apparently Pokémon Sun/Moon received a new patch today, but it's unavailable to me and I can't get online in-game because it says I need to update my game. So what should I do? I bought the game before I hacked my 3DS (digital copy), does anyone know what should I do?
patch might be on the iso site. could install it that way.

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States

IggyJet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I've updated my Pokemon Sun directly from eShop and so far everything looks normal, PkHex included. I'm still wondering about those themes disappearing because I have to re-download them and delete a bunch of them again and stuff, that's kinda annoying. =(

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've updated my Pokemon Sun directly from eShop and so far everything looks normal, PkHex included. I'm still wondering about those themes disappearing because I have to re-download them and delete a bunch of them again and stuff, that's kinda annoying. =(

Use Howling Theme Tool for themes. You can find themes on that theme site. It allows you to only get the themes you want. There is a limit on how many themes you can have at one time, but I can't remember it. I think is it 100.

Your themes are disappearing because you bought or downloaded a theme from the theme shop. Just delete them by deleting the Themes title in FBI's title manager and install your .cia that contains your themes from Howling Theme Tool. Then don't open anything Nintendo-shopping related, like the theme shop and Nintendo eShop. Now you get the themes you want without them being deleted!

IggyJet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
they shouldnt be removed then
Really? This is the second time it happens, but the first time I had installed them directly with a .CIA file so I figured that was the problem. They were all gone, this time like a third of them wasn't deleted but still lost most of them unexpectedly.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Use Howling Theme Tool for themes. You can find themes on that theme site. It allows you to only get the themes you want. There is a limit on how many themes you can have at one time, but I can't remember it. I think is it 100.

Your themes are disappearing because you bought or downloaded a theme from the theme shop. Just delete them by deleting the Themes title in FBI's title manager and install your .cia that contains your themes from Howling Theme Tool. Then don't open anything Nintendo-shopping related, like the theme shop and Nintendo eShop. Now you get the themes you want without them being deleted!
Awesome!!! Looking it up right now, thank you SO much!

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Really? This is the second time it happens, but the first time I had installed them directly with a .CIA file so I figured that was the problem. They were all gone, this time like a third of them wasn't deleted but still lost most of them unexpectedly.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Awesome!!! Looking it up right now, thank you SO much!
-nvm-

Last edited by MarioMasta64,

IggyJet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi everyone. Apologies for bumping this.

I updated my 3DS to 11.3 and I'd like to have Homebrew Launcher working again. While I know the version for 11.3 is available, I'm not sure how I install it. Could anyone help me out with that? Or give me a link for that, because I've been browising these forums and I can't seem to find anything on how to update it :(

Thanks!

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. Apologies for bumping this.

I updated my 3DS to 11.3 and I'd like to have Homebrew Launcher working again. While I know the version for 11.3 is available, I'm not sure how I install it. Could anyone help me out with that? Or give me a link for that, because I've been browising these forums and I can't seem to find anything on how to update it :(

Thanks!
https://github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases You want 1.3 if you have a new 3ds make sure to turn of the clock+l2 to off or it wont work.

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks! But like, do I just download the otherapp file for the current 3DS version (11.3), rename it and put it in the sd card and then just install the HBL cia with FBI?

If you've followed the guide and have the luma cfw etc installed, you just need to go into fbi uninstall the 1.2 version of hbl under titles. Then you can either d/l 1.3 from the link the other guy posted or from the titledb in fbi on the 3ds.

No need for otherapp if your 3ds has been hacked.

IggyJet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you've followed the guide and have the luma cfw etc installed, you just need to go into fbi uninstall the 1.2 version of hbl under titles. Then you can either d/l 1.3 from the link the other guy posted or from the titledb in fbi on the 3ds.

No need for otherapp if your 3ds has been hacked.

Worked like a charm! Thanks a lot!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1