Hacking i've heard about the iosu exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.

TarkinMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My speculation has been that we won't see it until either Nintendo announces details about the NX or after the NX launches. Either way I don't expect something to be released until the Wii U is considered dead.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My speculation has been that we won't see it until either Nintendo announces details about the NX or after the NX launches. Either way I don't expect something to be released until the Wii U is considered dead.
Don't take this the wrong way, I love the Wii U; but it pretty much is dead. No new games in the foreseeable future (other than the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild). Once the NX is released, Nintendo is going to take the Wii U's corpse and sweep it under a rug.

Reactions: CJB100

TarkinMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't take this the wrong way, I love the Wii U; but it pretty much is dead. No new games in the foreseeable future (other than the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild). Once the NX is released, Nintendo is going to take the Wii U's corpse and sweep it under a rug.

I agree with you completely.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that some people don't consider it dead though, that's why I said what I did. I didn't want to offend anybody. :P
Ah, now I understand. I do think that the Wii U has a good library of games, but since said library is small, it will, unfortunately, become obsolete (or "dead") exceptionally quicker than the XBox One and PS4.

Reactions: Zero72463

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Things which haven't got hacked yet can be considered as crap? Funny! :D

Also Wii U is hackable enough to play backups thats all I ask for. It's just that I don't like it because it has a limited amount of good games. I liked the N64 and you can't hack that. (No Flashcards of course XD)

Reactions: thaikhoa

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Cool. I said my opinion. Don't respond to this please. I am very busy right now.

It's a part of discussion. You can turn the notification off with this setting. I'll leave you alone this time :D j/k
2016-08-17_122411.png

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, he's legitimate. He showed up to some Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild thread and said that the combat system in LoZ games is too simplistic, and that if you want a "real" combat system, play (insert whatever game it was) on the PS4/XBox One.

EDIT: Or maybe he said "Pick up a PS4 controller". Not entirely sure.

Reactions: CJB100

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my god guys seriously you're just proving @CJB100's point even further. Let's sway back on topic please.

I haven't been in the WiiU community for very long, so I never experienced the Hykem scandal. But I did experience the KFC scandal, and I've been around to experience the uptightness of everyone when it comes to IOSU. You either worship the thought of it like a deity, or you despise the mention of it. There's this huge divide where people believe we'll be able to do anything with it, and people who believe it's fake, will never be released, declare the WiiU as dead, and think it's unnecessary.

There's a small subgroup who generally help other users understand what IOSU means, like myself, @CJB100, @Kafluke, and others.

Last edited by 7Robins,

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my god guys seriously you're just proving @CJB100's point even further. Let's sway back on topic please.

I haven't been in the WiiU community for very long, so I never experienced the Hykem scandal. But I did experience the KFC scandal, and I've been around to experience the uprightness of everyone when it comes to IOSU. You either worship the thought of it like a deity, or you despise the mention of it. There's this huge divide where people believe we'll be able to do anything with it, and people who believe it's fake, will never be released, declare the WiiU as dead, and think it's unnecessary.

There's a small subgroup who generally help other users understand what IOSU means, like myself, @CJB100, @Kafluke, and others.

The mods and devs are generally extremely helpful, mostly because they know how much work goes into the back end of developing anything on a console, let alone a hack or entry point to run custom code.

I don't mind people having different opinions, that's what makes the world go round. But when people have dumb opinions they can't back up with facts, I'm probably going to speak up. That's a very big thing with me: I don't care what your views are, even on religion, politics or any taboo subject, but you'd better be able to explain how you got there.

@Pikachuk: OP, I'm going to report the thread hopefully for a lock. Kafluke gave you an actual proper answer a few pages back, and someone else posted Wulfy's quote. That should suffice.

Last edited by CJB100,

Pikachuk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The mods and devs are generally extremely helpful, mostly because they know how much work goes into the back end of developing anything on a console, let alone a hack or entry point to run custom code.

I don't mind people having different opinions, that's what makes the world go round. But when people have dumb opinions they can't back up with facts, I'm probably going to speak up. That's a very big thing with me: I don't care what your views are, even on religion, politics or any taboo subject, but you'd better be able to explain how you got there.

@Pikachuk: OP, I'm going to report the thread hopefully for a lock. Kafluke gave you an actual proper answer a few pages back, and someone else posted Wulfy's quote. That should suffice.
ok,thanks for the answers even if the last posts were off topic

Reactions: 7Robins

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care what your views are, even on religion, politics or any taboo subject, but you'd better be able to explain how you got there.
Before this thread is locked, I just wanted to quote this sentence because I feel that people on GBAtemp could learn a lot from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn