I've got a $10 off coupon and I need your help

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Awdofgum, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Awdofgum
    OP

Awdofgum Wadofgum

Mar 17, 2007
    United States
    I don't know what led me to redeem the points to get a $10 off gamestop coupon, but now I feel like I should go buy a game or something, but I'm really not that sure what I would get.

I guess Resident Evil: Revelations looks like most people's top pick, but won't I have to get the circle pad pro? I was hoping for a more comfortable option, but maybe it's not bad. Anyway, the games I have are Street Fighter, Ocarina of Time, and Mario Kart 7. What should I get next? Review scores only give me a numerical value - that never helps me.

2. awssk8er

awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 26, 2007
    United States
    New Jersey
    Resident Evil plays perfectly without the Circle Pad Pro. I don't have the add-on, but I don't see how it could make it any better because the controls are great.

I would recommend either Resident Evil or Super Mario 3D Land. Revelations would definitely last longer and in my opinion is a better choice even if you haven't played the series before.

3. Langin

Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague
    NEVER EVER LOOK AT REVIEWS!!!!(says the reviewer himself)

RE:R can be played with or without CPP.(You can also buy with or without one.)(With cpp gives a better experience, but without is pretty as well.)

Kid Icarus Uprising is a SOLID choice.
    Samurai Warriors Chronicles is a great choice, it has lots of gameplay(80 to 300 hours depending on how slow and precise you play)

4. TheZoc

TheZoc GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2009
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Go for Kid Icarus or Resident Evil Revelations. Both titles are awesome!

5. Awdofgum
    OP

Awdofgum Wadofgum

Mar 17, 2007
    United States
    Hm, maybe i'll end up getting two games - who knows?

Thanks for the replies!

6. awssk8er

awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 26, 2007
    United States
    New Jersey
    I forgot Kid Icarus. I wasn't thinking, lmao.

Definitely a better choice than Super Mario 3D Land.

Resident Evil: Revelations and Kid Icarus have a great story mode and great online. I would recommend Kid Icarus because the online is more fun, with more people and it will last you longer.

7. tlyee61

tlyee61 le dancing Tyranitar~

Jul 7, 2010
    United States
    I recommend Kid Icarus because of it's extensive single and multiplayer modes. Also, weapon collecting / fusing is another part of why it's so great. The online community is very active, although there are some annoying AFKers... Overall, I would recommend Kid Icarus Uprising.

8. 10_0ARMY

10_0ARMY THE *Original* 1 Man Army

Apr 21, 2009
    United States
    Wouldn't you like to know
    Get Resident Evil and the Circle Pad is only 20 bucks. It makes the game infinitely better in my opinion.

I stopped playing this game because I didn't have a CPP. Now that I have it, I can't stop playing it.

9. clonesniper666

clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

Jul 31, 2007
    United States
    The Great Underworld Warzone
    Get Kid Icarus it is probably the best 3DS game that has came out so far but Resident Evil is a close 2nd IMO,

10. 10_0ARMY

10_0ARMY THE *Original* 1 Man Army

Apr 21, 2009
    United States
    Wouldn't you like to know
    How do you play it? Like control wise. I love the visuals and the flying parts are enjoyable but the land battles make me turn it off in less than 10 minutes :( cuz I can't stand the controls

11. clonesniper666

clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

Jul 31, 2007
    United States
    The Great Underworld Warzone
    I guess I just got accustomed to the controls for the land parts of the game.