Gaming I've got a $10 off coupon and I need your help

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what led me to redeem the points to get a $10 off gamestop coupon, but now I feel like I should go buy a game or something, but I'm really not that sure what I would get.

I guess Resident Evil: Revelations looks like most people's top pick, but won't I have to get the circle pad pro? I was hoping for a more comfortable option, but maybe it's not bad. Anyway, the games I have are Street Fighter, Ocarina of Time, and Mario Kart 7. What should I get next? Review scores only give me a numerical value - that never helps me.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Resident Evil plays perfectly without the Circle Pad Pro. I don't have the add-on, but I don't see how it could make it any better because the controls are great.

I would recommend either Resident Evil or Super Mario 3D Land. Revelations would definitely last longer and in my opinion is a better choice even if you haven't played the series before.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
NEVER EVER LOOK AT REVIEWS!!!!(says the reviewer himself)

RE:R can be played with or without CPP.(You can also buy with or without one.)(With cpp gives a better experience, but without is pretty as well.)

Kid Icarus Uprising is a SOLID choice.
Samurai Warriors Chronicles is a great choice, it has lots of gameplay(80 to 300 hours depending on how slow and precise you play)

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I forgot Kid Icarus. I wasn't thinking, lmao.

Definitely a better choice than Super Mario 3D Land.

Resident Evil: Revelations and Kid Icarus have a great story mode and great online. I would recommend Kid Icarus because the online is more fun, with more people and it will last you longer.

tlyee61

le dancing Tyranitar~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend Kid Icarus because of it's extensive single and multiplayer modes. Also, weapon collecting / fusing is another part of why it's so great. The online community is very active, although there are some annoying AFKers... Overall, I would recommend Kid Icarus Uprising.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Get Resident Evil and the Circle Pad is only 20 bucks. It makes the game infinitely better in my opinion.

Resident Evil plays perfectly without the Circle Pad Pro. I don't have the add-on, but I don't see how it could make it any better because the controls are great.

I would recommend either Resident Evil or Super Mario 3D Land. Revelations would definitely last longer and in my opinion is a better choice even if you haven't played the series before.

I stopped playing this game because I didn't have a CPP. Now that I have it, I can't stop playing it.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Get Kid Icarus it is probably the best 3DS game that has came out so far but Resident Evil is a close 2nd IMO,

How do you play it? Like control wise. I love the visuals and the flying parts are enjoyable but the land battles make me turn it off in less than 10 minutes :( cuz I can't stand the controls

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Get Kid Icarus it is probably the best 3DS game that has came out so far but Resident Evil is a close 2nd IMO,

How do you play it? Like control wise. I love the visuals and the flying parts are enjoyable but the land battles make me turn it off in less than 10 minutes :( cuz I can't stand the controls

I guess I just got accustomed to the controls for the land parts of the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn