Hacking It's been awhile since using my Wi U. Best way to play Paper Mario: TTYD

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

Quite awhile ago, I had installed Homebrew on my Wii U with Haxchi. I haven't played it in awhile, but am thinking of starting up TTYD.
I'm not using my Tv, just the gamepad to feel like the game has been ported to Switch, lol.
Can the gamepad itself turn on/off the Wii U correctly?

So, when I turned my Wii on, I opened Nintendon't, got an error about firmware, 5.5.2 (something like that), restarted and chose Haxchi instead, the screen went blank and back on, and I was on 99.99 etc. U. Do I click on Haxchi every time I turn on the Wii U? I had forgotten.

Now, is Nintendon't the best quality/speed I can get from TTYD? I have the actual game disc and perhaps want to dump it into ISO file because I'm using some other one right now. I also have a physical GC memory card. Is there a way to play GC game discs and use actual memory cards? Is there something better than Nintendon't? And where are game saves kept for GC games and VC wads?

I apologize for the lengthy post. Just needed a reminder on homebrew. Any information is greatly appreciated!

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

Quite awhile ago, I had installed Homebrew on my Wii U with Haxchi. I haven't played it in awhile, but am thinking of starting up TTYD.
I'm not using my Tv, just the gamepad to feel like the game has been ported to Switch, lol.
Can the gamepad itself turn on/off the Wii U correctly?

So, when I turned my Wii on, I opened Nintendon't, got an error about firmware, 5.5.2 (something like that), restarted and chose Haxchi instead, the screen went blank and back on, and I was on 99.99 etc. U. Do I click on Haxchi every time I turn on the Wii U? I had forgotten.

Now, is Nintendon't the best quality/speed I can get from TTYD? I have the actual game disc and perhaps want to dump it into ISO file because I'm using some other one right now. I also have a physical GC memory card. Is there a way to play GC game discs and use actual memory cards? Is there something better than Nintendon't? And where are game saves kept for GC games and VC wads?

I apologize for the lengthy post. Just needed a reminder on homebrew. Any information is greatly appreciated!
If you want to play Gamecube on Wii U, you need to dump your games (and saves, if applicable)

It might also be a good idea to use NKit to trim them.

enderer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
load haxchi everytime.
physical gc memory cards can be converted to .gci using a modded wii (not wii u) with gamecube controller ports with a program called gcmm.
nintendont is best for gc on wii u.
for 'best' quality you want to make a wii vc inject of nintendont or of the game specifically. i think the injector is TeconMoon's. it's pretty outdated but it might still work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-