ROM Hack It's a Wonderful World

rcxAsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe that this patch only covers the first day and part of the second. The translation for the rest of the game is still on going. So what you're seeing is normal for now.

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
No matter how many times I do it, I can't just get it to work on my R4.

I followed the following steps:
1. Have both the clean ROM and the Patcher Software in my C: drive in a folder named SKS.
2. Renamed the clean ROM to something without spaces, i.e. something like SKS.nds.
3. Disabled and ended any unneeded processes running in the background, Firefox, instant messaging clients and WindowBlinds included.
4. I ran the patcher, dragged the NDS file into the patcher, then selected the gpatch file from the "..." button.
5. I ran the patching process, and sat back for a while doing absolutely nothing, and the results of the said steps was a 100 MB file. I tried running it on my R4, it saw the title and game icon alright, and I made a .sav for it, and when it loads, all I get is two white screens.

Any help here? :/

2wirends

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
repeat this until you get 120 ish megabytes... heh or nothing is left in the UNPACK folder it creates...

... yeah...

YukiChan456

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No matter how many times I do it, I can't just get it to work on my R4.

I followed the following steps:
1. Have both the clean ROM and the Patcher Software in my C: drive in a folder named SKS.
2. Renamed the clean ROM to something without spaces, i.e. something like SKS.nds.
3. Disabled and ended any unneeded processes running in the background, Firefox, instant messaging clients and WindowBlinds included.
4. I ran the patcher, dragged the NDS file into the patcher, then selected the gpatch file from the "..." button.
5. I ran the patching process, and sat back for a while doing absolutely nothing, and the results of the said steps was a 100 MB file. I tried running it on my R4, it saw the title and game icon alright, and I made a .sav for it, and when it loads, all I get is two white screens.

Any help here? :/

Look back a few pages!
lecture.gif

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=62038&st=195

xflash

Local Ninja
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
maybe you guys should put up some kinda progress stuff on the first post. im kinda confused here about whenever you're done or even gotten very far

piepants

Trophies
Website
itspudding.com
XP
Country
Patcher doesn't work for me either. Got 5Gb+ free disk space, running from a directory with no spaces and with the ROM and patcher in seperate directories, I'm not doing anything while it runs and I'm using a non-trimmed copy of the ROM.

I just get a 46.7Mb file every time (49,071,904 bytes)

rmco2003

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The patcher may be failing because ndstool fails to unpack the rom properly, try this command in a command prompt in your patcher directory:

ndstool -x rom.nds -9 arm9.bin -7 arm7.bin -h header.bin -t banner.bin -d UNPACK -y OVERLAY

That should tell you if you get any errors unpacking.

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering why this thread hasn't been stickied yet. There seems to be good determination, and all the other game translation threads have been stickied.

kiruyama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just got the patch to work and have gotten to Day 2, but I died doing the mission. >_>

anyways, great patch and I hope you're successful in translating the game!

Raqib12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all; if you haven't already been told, I'm one of the three translators at the moment; but the only one working right now; since the other two are busy!

I just finished the first day (Yes, we started over from the beginning); but I don't have Rhys' permission to post the patch at the moment, so sorry, I can't give you guys that yet!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

LegendKamina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No words can express my gratitude to you guys. Really awesome work. I cant get the patch to work, but I really appreciate this! Keep up the good work. You have my support!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Morning