It seems that all racing,fighting and party games are rip-offs

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hmm Okami feels like a zelda ripoff... though it has many things differentiating itself from zelda. And a fox running around... Isn't the wolf part of Twilight Princess more of a ripoff of the okami's concept? (seriously).
And WatagiKankens, You don't want to start a debate and arguments, but you want to hear who agree and who disagree, with constructive criticism? That's a debate, or an argumentation if you will... :) But yeah, bad language and name calling would be good to get rid off.
I came with thoughts about why those games you brought up isn't ripoffs in my opinion in the previous post I made, disagreeing with you, but kept it civil.

hatredg0d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when will someone rip off COD, i need more FPS!

but ya some games are rip offs of others. The game had to get better or worse, if you like you enjoy, if not you dont buy.

Using others ideas as a base for your own is;
1. basic marketing
2. a compliment to whos idea they used (unless your apple)

WatagiKankens

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Im glad to see that all of you (well 1 or 2 got out of order but I reported them) are acting civilized and aren't saying stuff like "you have bad taste", "your just a "insert game here" fanboy" or "Your opinion is dumb and stupid" or just swearing. go on with this discussion, im looking forward to seeing what you have to say.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well what OP writes (and probably what he's cleverly trying to say in subtext) is not true.

Not all fighting games are the same, there are huge differences between many of them, however there are some that seem exessively similar to each other, for example guilty gear and street fighter, the few games i played, play very similar.
But there are very different games too. Tekken and Street Fighter are very different and both of them are even more different from Soul Calibur or Virtua Fighter, which, in my opinion, is probably not even a fighting game at all.
Anyway, that one sony game however seems a lot like Smash Bros. They deliberately make it look like it at least. If the controls are the same, it will have to be a ripoff (to be honest here, control scheme is probably what, in the end, decides for me how much alike fighting games are to me)

Car games, thats just the same, some are very different from each other, but you can categorize them into realistic, pseudo realistic and fun racer.
Realistic games are just that. You get cars, they act like real cars, every mistake gets thrown back at you. Pseudo realistic games are like need for speed and such. they look like realistic games but they act like most fun racers. Fun racers are like mario cart, cartoony graphics, super speed, weapons, mayhem. Obviously, games in the same category are often similar, but gladly also often distinctive from one another. But you cant deny that some games seem to have drawn from each other, like, do you remember that crash bandicoot raching game? I'm pretty sure thats ripped right off from diddy kong or mario kart.

as for the last thing, i dont remember what that was and i dont plan to check before i hit send, so thats it.
not everything is ripped off. however its not that hard to see when something obviously is or potentially might very well be once its released

WatagiKankens

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
@pyromaniac123 @[member='Gahars']

What did I say about bad language?

"you have bad taste"

nobody has bad taste with that logic anyone who has unpopular opinions have bad taste plus, you know nothing about me or anyone on this website so who made you God to say what opinion is bad or not.

"your just a (insert game here) fanboy"

Im not a fanboy of any series I like mario kart, smash bros, mario party and street fighter but I do know that too many games copy them or are copying them. a real fanboy would actually like spin-offs because they're just like the game

"Your opinion is stupid"

okay then, so all of your opinions are good but mine is bad? again who made you Jesus to judge other peoples opinions.

You can't judge someones opinion or personality you can only say if YOU like it or not. You can't say if the opinion overall is bad or good because everyone has a different point of view (there bound to be someone who agrees with me and vice versa). now if anyone gets out order I will report all of people who are out of order and ask the moderators to lock this thread

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
@pyromaniac123 @[member='Gahars']

What did I say about bad language?

"you have bad taste"

nobody has bad taste with that logic anyone who has unpopular opinions have bad taste plus, you know nothing about me or anyone on this website so who made you God to say what opinion is bad or not.

"your just a (insert game here) fanboy"

Im not a fanboy of any series I like mario kart, smash bros, mario party and street fighter but I do know that too many games copy them or are copying them. a real fanboy would actually like spin-offs because they're just like the game

"Your opinion is stupid"

okay then, so all of your opinions are good but mine is bad? again who made you Jesus to judge other peoples opinions.

You can't judge someones opinion or personality you can only say if YOU like it or not. You can't say if the opinion overall is bad or good because everyone has a different point of view (there bound to be someone who agrees with me and vice versa). now if anyone gets out order I will report all of people who are out of order and ask the moderators to lock this thread

Please do ask the moderators to lock this thread. You'll be doing everyone a favour.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope not left, post got deleted.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not this again. First if mario kart was the first kart game, i don't know... but then came some konami all star kart game? wacky wheels (if it wasn't before mario kart) was a ripoff of mario kart... there weren't that many kart games, and it basically copied the aesthetics.. but now it has become a genre of it's own and even though they are somewhat the same, it's no longer any unique game "owning" the karting genre.

same with the normal beat em ups, fighting games etc.

this is all my opinion. But yeah, after a few locked topics about this cirkle debate, I find it unnecessary to keep making threads about it.
...I had Wacky Wheels for DOS :unsure:

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
BortzANATOR: I had it for DOS as well, and a quick google now told me:
Super Mario Kart released in 1992, Wacky Wheels in 1994 :) I loved Wacky Wheels :3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1