Hacking It is worth buy a Japanese New 3DS?

xantoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why would you want an AUS 3ds if you live in Japan? :O
Because the JP New3DS comes with 8.1 firmware while the AUS one comes with 9.0, and I had hoped to update today because tomorrow there will most likely be an update to make the New3DS support Suica.

I also have some holdover PAL titles from living in Europe.

w0dash

noob
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
But I mean where is the difference between going to a store now and buy another japanese one or order an overpriced aussie unit?

EDIT: Or rather tommorow morning, as I just realised it could be kinda late in Japan now... :)

xantoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But I mean where is the difference between going to a store now and buy another japanese one or order an overpriced aussie unit?

EDIT: Or rather tommorow morning, as I just realised it could be kinda late in Japan now... :)
By tomorrow morning it could already be too late, firmware update wise. They have announced they are adding Suica support to New3DS's in Japan on December 9th. If I get an AUS one it will almost guaranteed have a GW compatible firmware preinstalled.

I would've gone and exchanged the faulty unit at the store right away if the store wasn't already closed ;_;

xantoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Let's hope it literally only adds Suica support and no "stability improvements"...
I don't even know if they'll let me return this New3DS for money now that I've opened the box... Might be forced to exchange for another console...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay