Hacking Issues getting Wii Flow or USB Loader GX working for Wii Games.

Steamy Beast

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having issues getting Wii Flow or USB loader GX to work with Wii games, after formatting the Wii U.

With Wii Flow it loads OK from the HB channel, and the games are found on the HD with covers and everything. When I click play the Wii Flow flash screen appears and then it boots to the Wii System menu. I have tried changing the setting for Force CIOS, but whenever I do this Wi flow doesn't boot up and I get the black screen "Exception (DSI) error". I am using Wii Flow v4.2.1.

With USB Loader GX, the HD fails to initialise. I'm pretty sure I'm using the newest version.

I am using a 500gb HD plugged in with a Y-cable, into the back 2 USB slots. It has been formatted to FAT32. The wii games are under the folder wbfs/the game/the .wbfs file. I used Wii Backup Manager to convert.

I used the DX Custom IOS Installer and installed 3 Ios's. with V10 beta 53 dx2-v10-beta53-alt wii.

56 249
57 250
58 251.

I'm not sure what has gone wrong and I don't mind using USB Loader or Wii Flow. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Isy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had exactly the same issue yesterday. I re-installed cios 249,250 and 251 using beta52 instead of beta53 and now everything is working perfectly.

Isy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's unfortunate. Next thing I'd try would be to use a thumb drive formatted in wbfs and check if you can load a game from that. Also try swapping the usb cables to opposite ports.

Steamy Beast

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so there is a twist to this tale. I had the Y-cable connected from the Wii-U to a generic USB hub with switches. I then had two 500gb hard drives connected to the hub. One is for Wii U stuff and the other is for homebrew. I could then switch between them. GenPlus and Nintendont work fine using this setup as does the hard drive for the Wii U stuff. However, the Wii games are the only thing that do not work.

It would seem the Wii games do work when the hard drive is plugged directly into the Wii U with the Y cable. Why is this?

Thanks

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
HUB are not compatible with cIOS.
I think HUBs support have been added by nintendo since IOS57.
so, Nintendont use IOS58 it works.
you could try to set the cIOS to 250 in the loader's settings.

slot249 use IOS56, while the slot 250 is a cIOs based on IOS 57, which has hub support.
just try and see.
You might have to connect the drive directly to the console for Wii games.

You don't really need the "base 56", a lot of users are installing this one for historical reason, and because it's loading from USB faster than the "base 57".
But base57 has more compatibility with games. if you want only one cIOS, install (or use) only the d2x base57 in the slot you want.

Steamy Beast

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks everyone. I tried what Cyan suggested, but unfortunately I still can't get to work the way I want too. I will just switch the drives myself and wont use a hub. :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for trying and reporting.
I thought a user (maybe @OriginalHamster? let's ask) tried hubs with IOS57 and said it worked.

if it doesn't, then you will have to connect the drive in direct.
You can use the hub to get the additional power source (for the Y cable), but not for the data cable.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Thanks for trying and reporting.
I thought a user (maybe @OriginalHamster? let's ask) tried hubs with IOS57 and said it worked.

if it doesn't, then you will have to connect the drive in direct.
You can use the hub to get the additional power source (for the Y cable), but not for the data cable.
Only base 58. Couldn't make it work with 56, will give a shot with 57, maybe it works...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/ajurvXsCdbo?t=225 +1